The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Holiday Recruitment/Activation Promotion

sroot

Is running an affiliate recruitment or activation program during the holidays worthwhile? Will affiliates thing about joining my program or are they too busy with holiday to take action? Are any other merchants specifically working to activate and recruit new affiliates between now and Jan 1? I'd really appreciate any input from other managers.

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

Since I do affiliate recruiting (promotion and PR) for a living I do it year round, I don't let up for the Holidays, but here is what I believe happens.

Around the end of October it starts to get hard to get actual signups and activation because everyone is nose to the grindstone, focused on promotions from merchants they are already partnered with.

HOWEVER I think it's still a good time to recruit, gain MINDSHARE and get on the super affiliate's to-do list for end of December when they have time to breath again and January when they are ready to launch new campaigns.

Think of it this way, lots of merchants think like you and don't bother recruiting during the Holidays so it will be easier for your program to be heard above the noise too.

If someone skipped Nov and Dec and waited til January to start recruiting - since super affiliates are busy and can have to-do lists 2 months out - then it could be March/April before you get them onboard.

So while I don't let up, I do warn new 5 Star Programs that come on board with me in Sept, Oct, Nov about the facts above and let them know they may not see much activity during the Holidays, but the longer term results of the program promotion will still kick in faster than if they wait.

Does that make sense???

Thanks Linda, I reallty appreciate your thoughts and it makes total sense. I'm thinking of offering a tiered bonus payment program to activate affiliates already signed-up to my program at specific sales levels. Something like $X for 5 sales, $X for 10 sales, and $X for 25 sales for any sales referred before Jan 1. As you mention, it may be more of a mind share exercise now, but I'd likely follow-up after Jan 1 with another offer to the same group of affiliates. You think this 1 - 2 approach would get affiliates attention?

Sure I think it's worth a shot. I think you just need to keep your name out there and always have something new to offer because certain things get the attention of certain affiliates and some affiliates respond better to another type of offer. So your 1 - 2 punch idea sounds good.

MI
Back