The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hi, still deciding between a few Affiliate Marketing tutorial products

ragnarkar

affiliate
Hi,

I was referred to this forum from Jay Wessman's Lazy Ass Stoner videos. I'm still deciding between the Dojo, Wealthy Affiliate, and Ramit Sethi's Zero to Launch (it's a bit pricy and probably not that useful until I've built a decent following but still something to consider once I've gotten some success.) I've had some success getting a decent Tumblr following after using Jay's Tumblr tutorial to the letter although it's still nowhere near his 20% follow-back ratio.

The main contender is Wealthy Affiliates but the monthly fee is a bit steep ($47/mo) esp for a beginner who has not seen any success online yet. I also feel that if I go with WA and choose their hosting, then having to move all of my websites elsewhere is an additional barrier. I think I might go with what Jay recommends (Hosting Gator) or upgrade to an unlimited websites plan at my current host (InMotion).

As for my rough roadmap going forward, I plan on testing out with several different niches first with multiple websites as I learn the ropes. The niche that ends up being most profitable and/or popular will be the one I'll end up putting most of my effort towards.

Hello @ragnarkar and welcome to the AffiliateFix! It's great to have you join us.

I was referred to this forum from Jay Wessman's Lazy Ass Stoner videos. I'm still deciding between the Dojo, Wealthy Affiliate, and Ramit Sethi's Zero to Launch.

Jay is well known around here and very well liked. He has helped an abundance of members here. As for what to choose, well, of course I recommend the Dojo. Many of us have been members of multiple resources at once of course.

The main contender is Wealthy Affiliates but the monthly fee is a bit steep ($47/mo) esp for a beginner who has not seen any success online yet.

Since you are a Newbie, I have to ask how familiar you are with the industry on a whole? For example, have you any experience with trackers, paid traffic sources, various verticals, using a VPS, split testing, media buying, copy writing, etc.?

As for my rough roadmap going forward, I plan on testing out with several different niches first with multiple websites as I learn the ropes. The niche that ends up being most profitable and/or popular will be the one I'll end up putting most of my effort towards.

If you are using websites and not landers, then are you doing continuity sites or content marketing?

T J

Thanks for the warm welcome, T J! I'm not too familiar with much of the lingo in the industry but I'm willing to work very hard to learn. I've read many articles on A/B or split testing, sales copy writing, and paid traffic sources (mostly Google Adsense.) I'm considering multiple websites since that's the approach both Jay and Wealthy Affliates have advocated in their free intro videos but I'm pretty flexible. I suppose if landers can accomplish my market testing faster, then I would definitely go that route. I'm willing to consider both continuity sites and content marketing although I've seen more examples with the latter.

MI
Back