The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hi-jacked domain name

D

Duke

I'm curious here but it would seem my webhost (yes the monkeys at Canaca) screwed up and decided to point my domain (lifesupporters.com) to a site that clearly isn't mine (some bird migration site). I now have to wait 4 to 5 hours to get lifesupporters.com, a domain name that I own, back under my control.

I will be reporting them to the better business bureau, I have tons of screenshots, support tickets, e-mails, etc, not to mention unhappy members.

I am curious though, is this a legal issue? It would seem to me that you can't legally point a domain name owned by one person to a site that doesn't own it.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I've been up all nite and I'm so severly PO'd that I'm ready to park my car in their lobby.

Ken,
This is a serious issue, you should ask them for complementation for lost of business. By the way is the domain registered in your name ?
Would you like to move it from the control of the current registrar and move it to my service? You will have full control over your domain and there is not charge for this service.
Temi

I have heard of this a few times, I would move it from there without blinking an eye. The only problem though is with downtime as the new ownership propogates the web.

OWG,
It can be done without down time, its just domain ownership change initially and not dns change so there will be no downtime whatsoever

temi said:
Ken,
This is a serious issue, you should ask them for complementation for lost of business. By the way is the domain registered in your name ?
Would you like to move it from the control of the current registrar and move it to my service? You will have full control over your domain and there is not charge for this service.
Temi

I also have to renew my domain name as it expires in 49 days temi so I may as well do all this through you.

Duke said:
I also have to renew my domain name as it expires in 49 days temi so I may as well do all this through you.

Ken,
I will initiate the transfer of your domain to my company Velnet, an email will be sent to the admin contact for your domain which I have just checked out and its seem to be you. Once you approve the transfer request the domain will start making its way to Velnet via openSRS/Tucow, I will renew it for one year as part of the transfer process.

Expect an email in the next few hours

Hello

Duke, this is a seriours problem, keep all the envidence and made the live a hell for the Canaca guys. Don't let them escape.

Ovi

temi said:
Ken,
I will initiate the transfer of your domain to my company Velnet, an email will be sent to the admin contact for your domain which I have just checked out and its seem to be you. Once you approve the transfer request the domain will start making its way to Velnet via openSRS/Tucow, I will renew it for one year as part of the transfer process.

Expect an email in the next few hours

I'm just approving it now temi, thanks.

ovi said:
Duke, this is a seriours problem, keep all the envidence and made the live a hell for the Canaca guys. Don't let them escape.

Ovi

Ovi, thanks for the response. I have screenshots of everything recorded, along with literally hundreds of support tickets and e-mails to Canaca.com as well as some angry members who want Canaca to suffer.

I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Canada citing poor service, false advertising on their site, and misreprisentation of products purchased. I have asked my members if they too were willing to add testimony to the complaint and have several that are more than willing to do so.

I'm not sure if there's other bodies within the Canadian Governemnt or Privatized Firms that I should be contacting regarding Canacas business practices. If you all can think of any then please let me know.

Ovi,
Remember I am not Velnet so I should not take all the credit, you and the rest of the guys are Velnet too so Team Velnet will provide a better support is a better way to put it :)

Well it's done so you guys have control. I also have lifesupporters.net which I may have failed to mention before. Sorry but I was so worked up over how badly Canaca screwed up that I wasn't thinking straight.

I actually had to take yesterday off from work to deal with that, and other Canaca related issues (which I'll bitch about later, you simply won't believe it). I finally had a nap at 5:30 PM last night and it was the first time my head hit the pillow in 31 hours. Thanks Canaca!

Ken,
The domain has not been transferred to us and it has been renewed for 1 year. You hosting remains with your current hosting company so its your domain registration ONLY we are responsible for.

I have locked your domain so that it cannot be hijacked or pointed to another website etc.

I will not initiate the tranfer of your .net domain, next week I will send you access info to your domains so that you can control them as you like

Thanks

Yup, I knew all that temi, I'm just glad that Canaca no longer has any control over my domain is all. I still can't even believe that something like this happened, I never even knew it was possible to be completely honest.

BTW, thanks for renewing as well temi, awesome!

I'll actually be transferring my .net address to you once I'm sure I have it pointed where it has to go. I already received your transfer request (thanks) and will likely have it to you by the weekend.

Thanks again temi/ovi, I'm just glad to have my domains somewhere where I know they'll be out of reach by complete idiots.

MI
Back