The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Hi!!! If I am a merchant, how do I promote my affiliate program?

lena123

affiliate
So I work for a company which provides financial services. We do have an affiliate program which pays commission to referrers, how do I promote that program?

(Reading affiliate marketing wiki now)

Does this affiliate program have an online dashboard for affiliates to login to?

Are you the official rep for the affiliate program?

So I work for a company which provides financial services. We do have an affiliate program which pays commission to referrers, how do I promote that program?

The easiest way to promote your own program is JVzoo or Clickbank

To make your affiliate program more visible you could try some of these ways; include a link to your affiliate program on your website. Send personalized offers, ask them to promote your affiliate program. Create a page with most important facts about your program. If you will promote a product as an affiliate then choose something that is trusted or you have tried yourself.

I know a lot of people think blog commenting is pointless, but it can work. Find relevant financial blogs, make an informative, helpful comment, and drop a link to your affiliate sign up page.

How do you find new affiliates?
  1. Have a ready to market product.

2. Offer potential affiliates clear and transparent conditions of affiliation and accepted practices (affiliate agreements as well as written TOS and AUP statements). Transparency matters today in business.

3. Know how to find your competition's affiliates and offer them an incentive to do business with you -- suggest new ventures for them with your product perhaps.

4. Offer matching financial incentives -- having a background many years ago in home furniture retailing management -- manufacturers commonly offered us co-op advertising matching our advertising costs when their product was advertised prominently with their brand name advertised by us in public media (we bought full page newspapers ads and TV spots locally).

I'll never understand why most little known brands do not avail themselves of co-op advertising in the digital landscape in some form.
    You can really leverage your marketing dollar in developing top-of-the-mind branding in the B2C market. Co-op ad offers also gets your product out there and seen in a crowded and commoditized (or competitive) field. Co-op ad offers are a risk sharing offer to your affiliates that shows you have confidence in YOUR product.

5. Attend seminars, shows and events that attract affiliates.

6. You can post announcements on affiliate boards (forums) observing their limitations and rules but your posts should be of an offer with a defined value proposition -- not just that:
"I have this too and our affiliates make money with this ..."

Every prospect needs to know WIIFM (what is in it for me) and see the advantage before spending his time and efforts.

To wit: Everyone asks themselves: what is the risk to me and what is the potential benefit? when making a informed business decision.

Excuse me for bumping an old thread I was reading a new post in this form.

Graybeard, Feb 7, 2018

MI
Back