The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hey everbody! Newbie alert :P

Pascal Lammers

affiliate
Hello everybody!

Glad to join such a great forum. I´m Pascal, 28 years old from Germany. I currently work as a Freelancer in Webdesign/Webdevelopment but my focus is getting more and more towards e-commerce and affiliate marketing. I´m just at the beginning and trying to get everything in place and not getting an information overload.

I joined the Dojo already and hoping to get the most out of it (as a newbie).

Maybe someone is willing to help a little ;)

Greetings
Pascal

Hello everybody!

Hello @Pascal Lammers , welcome to the AffiliateFix and the Dojo! Great to have you here with us.

Glad to join such a great forum. I´m Pascal, 28 years old from Germany. I currently work as a Freelancer in Webdesign/Webdevelopment but my focus is getting more and more towards e-commerce and affiliate marketing. I´m just at the beginning and trying to get everything in place and not getting an information overload.

If you create a plan for each day, each week, each month, and each year, you will control the information overload factor immensely.

I joined the Dojo already and hoping to get the most out of it (as a newbie).

Maybe someone is willing to help a little

Not "someone", rather EVERYONE!

This is a community, we are all here as a family putting our best foot forward for one another. We want everyone here to win, and win big! You are part of this family now.

Post often, ask loads of questions, report your progress with some follow-alongs, and contribute where you can.

See you around the forums.

T J

Hey tjtutor!

Glad to hear that everybody is willing to help each other. This is the best way to make it a win-win for everybody.
I just started with CPA Marketing and registered at AdWork Media and waiting for response from MaxBounty.

And I´ve got a question right at the beginning. If I wanted to start to promote a campaign in the US and I found one in the list at AdWork Media. Do I only have to copy the link and promote it on facebook, instagram etc.?

I looked around the forum a little bit, but is there any easy tutorial for a first setup?

Thanks for your feedback!

Pascal

Welcome

Freelancer in web design and web development? Why not post about your skills and services on our business centre?
Business Centre | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix This will give you exposure as you learn more about afflilate marketing.

If you've ever earned any money from marketing why not post up a success story of your earnings and you'll automatically get entered into our $500/monthly giveaway here.

Last edited:
Hey tjtutor!

Glad to hear that everybody is willing to help each other. This is the best way to make it a win-win for everybody.
I just started with CPA Marketing and registered at AdWork Media and waiting for response from MaxBounty.

Good Start!

And I´ve got a question right at the beginning. If I wanted to start to promote a campaign in the US and I found one in the list at AdWork Media. Do I only have to copy the link and promote it on facebook, instagram etc.?

Okay, I'll ask you a few questions first.

Do you know how/what you want to market? Mobile, desktop, both, zip submits, affiliate products, downloads, games, etc.?
Do you know how to select a vertical?
Do you know how to select an offer?
Do you know how to create a Facebook page?
Do you know how to build a landing page?
Do you have a VPS?
Do you have an ad budget?

I looked around the forum a little bit, but is there any easy tutorial for a first setup?

Actually, there are thousands of threads and posts. You just need a little direction on the use of a forum to find them. I understand that some of the extreme basics may not be as plentiful, but I am going to ask you to create a Follow-Along once you answer the questions above. That way, we get the membership involved and you will get recommendations, advice, and direction from the many instead of a few.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll ask you a few questions first.

Do you know how/what you want to market? Mobile, desktop, both, zip submits, affiliate products, downloads, games, etc.?
Do you know how to select a vertical?
Do you know how to select an offer?
Do you know how to create a Facebook page?
Do you know how to build a landing page?
Do you have a VPS?
Do you have an ad budget?

1. I´ll do both, desktop and mobile - and I think I´ll start with email-submits (I read that these are the easiest to start with)
2.+3. Could you explain these two terms a bit (or give me a link where I can read myself)
4. Yeah I set up a Facebook page a couple of times
5. Yeah I have build landing-pages, too
6. With VPS you mean Virtual Private Server? Why do I need one?
7. I have an ad budget. (the higher the better?)

Actually, there are thousands of threads and posts. You just need a little direction on the use of a forum to find them. I understand that some of the extreme basics may not be as plentiful, but I am going to ask you to create a Follow-Along once you answer the questions above. That way, we get the membership involved and you will get recommendations, advice, and direction from the many instead of a few.

Ok, I´ll search the forum and try to get comfortable with it. :)

I appreciate your fast replies very much! Thanks!

Pascal

1. I´ll do both, desktop and mobile - and I think I´ll start with email-submits (I read that these are the easiest to start with)

Good, you have a starting point. Begin outlining your initial plans by putting this at the top of your goals list.

What you want to do is spend the next couple of months becoming a master of one verticals sub-niche, master one tracker, and master one traffic source. What is going to happen by doing this is your are going to develop certain skill sets that will easily transfer into other areas of the business and into other verticals and sub-niches. You must, absolutely, become a master of these three initial choices. It won't take long, a couple of months at most, and you will then be able to expand exponentially with ease. This is how everyone of us eventually managed to get on top of our respective businesses.

2.+3. Could you explain these two terms a bit (or give me a link where I can read myself)

Vertical: For example, the big three are Relationships, Money, and Health. There are others, for example Faiths, Entertainment, Education, and a host of others. The first three may represent as much as 75% (or more) of verticals.

Offer: An offer is what you promote through the network(s) that accept you. Selecting an offer is as important as how you promote it. Be sure to develop a great relationship with your Affiliate Managers at your networks so they will properly guide you towards offers that are producing and to learn some off the best practices to promote them.

4. Yeah I set up a Facebook page a couple of times

I highly recommend reading everything you can about Facebook TOS, FB Page best practices, and FB Funnels.

5. Yeah I have build landing-pages, too

Make sure they are responsive and HTML5 compliant. There are a lot of free online page code validators like this one from the W3C: The W3C Validator

6. With VPS you mean Virtual Private Server? Why do I need one?

Yes it's a Virtual Private Server. You need a VPS to enable your landing pages and/or sites to load fast and to handle the massive traffic.

7. I have an ad budget. (the higher the better?)

YES!

Ok, I´ll search the forum and try to get comfortable with it.

If you read as much as possible for a couple days, you will find patterns with some members offering up many different methods, tactics, and strategies for your initial efforts, your techy questions, and your upcoming campaigns.

becoming a master of one verticals sub-niche, master one tracker, and master one traffic source.

Ok so I choose a niche, e.g. Health and going in the sub-niche fitness or personal training. These are sub-niches right?

Master one tracker means I have to choose a tracking tool? I read in the Newbie Helpdesk about some trackers. Is that the right direction?

The traffic source is facebook, instagram, landing page etc?

I then choose offers only related to my vertical and sub-niches and trying to promote them.

Do you have a source where I can get an affordable Virtual private server? Does it matter if it is in germany or in the United States?

I´m also beginning to read through the Newbie Helpdesk , these are the exact same concerns that I have. This thread is really helpful to get started.

Ok so I choose a niche, e.g. Health and going in the sub-niche fitness or personal training. These are sub-niches right?

Correct, but I recommend drilling down into those sub-niches a bit more. For example, fitness has hundreds of sub-niches.

Master one tracker means I have to choose a tracking tool? I read in the Newbie Helpdesk about some trackers. Is that the right direction?

Correct! Newbie helpdesk as well as the Tracking forum.

The traffic source is facebook, instagram, landing page etc?

Yes

I then choose offers only related to my vertical and sub-niches and trying to promote them.

Correct. You can either select the offer(s) and build the campaign around the offer, or you can select the verticals sub-niche and find an offer that fits.

Do you have a source where I can get an affordable Virtual private server? Does it matter if it is in germany or in the United States?

I use BlueHost VPS's for my real estate clients as well as my own marketing. $29.95 per month and it's scalable for when your needs grow. When selecting a VPS, make sure it comes with CPanel, WHM, and at least 2 Cores and at least 2GB of RAM. Some members like Beyond hosting as well and they are very marketer friendly as well.

I´m also beginning to read through the Newbie Helpdesk , these are the exact same concerns that I have. This thread is really helpful to get started.

READ, READ, READ! This will never end. We all have an abundance of reading everyday due to this business being in constant motion, it's simply a part of the business. As well, this kind of mind exercising keeps you sharp and on top!

Correct. You can either select the offer(s) and build the campaign around the offer, or you can select the verticals sub-niche and find an offer that fits.

So I read a lot the last few days. What I don´t understand is why I should build landingpages for each offer? Couldn´t I set up a Wordpress or Ghost Blog which is related to my niche? So e.g. mycooldomain.com is doing some articles about health products and within these blog posts I have text links and banners to the offer I´m promoting?!

And what´s the best practice to choose the domain. Should it be a general domain like marketingcompany.com or should it be more specific like iwanttolooseweight.com

READ, READ, READ! This will never end. We all have an abundance of reading everyday due to this business being in constant motion, it's simply a part of the business. As well, this kind of mind exercising keeps you sharp and on top!

I already learned a lot reading through our forum here. Thanks a lot to all the people sharing their thoughts and experiences.

What I don´t understand is why I should build landingpages for each offer? Couldn´t I set up a Wordpress or Ghost Blog which is related to my niche? So e.g. mycooldomain.com is doing some articles about health products and within these blog posts I have text links and banners to the offer I´m promoting?!

Okay, this question is asked frequently. Here is an answer I recently posted in another thread.

CPA: Cost Per Action or Cost Per Acquisition

Marketing a niche by driving traffic to an offer is much the same for all of online marketing in so much that you drive the traffic to the offer whether it's to your site, your landing page, or direct to the offer.

Where the differences are is with where you send the traffic and where you convert them. A site and/or sales page is typically more suitable for selling and converting buyers for a course, a training product, or some other product related to a niche that you cater to. Example, I have real estate clients that I send to listings and local features of a community in order to capture personal information and where they are encouraged to make first contact. I get anywhere from $100 to $1500 per lead.

For an offer from an affiliate network that is designed for Pay Per Call, most use Google AdWords to drive mobile traffic to convert by getting the prospect to call the number they need right from the ad on their phone. These can pay anywhere from a few dollars to over a $100 on the high end.

If the offer in the network is for say a health product, you will most likely send traffic to a landing page, collect some ancillary data, and then send them to the offer on the product owners site for the conversion.

There are 100's of examples, too many to list.

And what´s the best practice to choose the domain. Should it be a general domain like marketingcompany.com or should it be more specific like iwanttolooseweight.com

This relies largely on what marketing you are doing. A content site for a niche can use any number of domain naming conventions. When sending traffic to a landing page, one should try to have a longtail domain name related to the offer.

Also, this is your introductions thread. It will benefit you more to start new threads in the appropriate forums so that you get input from the members in general. That way you can get the opinions, guidance, and responses from many members.

MI
Back