The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Here Is what I am doing. Am I wrong?

thomas1957

I am going to start a website to start my affiliate marketing.
The website is a niche type and I will be writing articles to try and sell things from Amazon and other places that may have affiliate programs. In time the website will grow.
I have so many questions. I have been all over YouTube looking for answers and it just seems they never take you to the promised land. I get a lot of good info but I am still confused to a certain degree. Here we go.
On my website I will be writing blogs about a certain subject using keywords to try and rank. Within that blog I want to add links that will take the person to the product and viola, they purchase. here are some of my questions. I tend to be long winded in person and in print so bear with me.

Do I really need a website? Cant I just blog away? ( I really think I can build a great website that can have many sub niches).

If I am trying to sell blenders and I put together a blog about blenders or just 1 blender, should I write many articles about the blender(s)?

Do all the articles/blogs go on the website? (I am thinking they all will have their on address)

I have a lot of other questions but I don't want to get off track to far.
I want to start with only affiliate marketing with products within my niche and sub niches.
Thank you

OOOooh I know just the man for this :D
I have just started, and am doing almost exactly what you explained.
I could give you my answers to your questions but I think you will learn more answering them yourself.
There's a guy on here called @shaunm I don't want to massage his ego too much but he is my blogging mentor, go too genius, blogger messiah:D
He has a follow along thread here that I would suggest you read from the very beginning, he also has a youtube channel that will give you all the ammunition you could ever need to succeed.
Good luck and enjoy the ride

On my website I will be writing blogs

It appears to me that you are either writing articles for your website(s), or you are blogging. Which is it. Not really the same monster!

It appears you are trying to setup several sites at once. It also appears you are actually building what are known as affiliate sites, which you must be very careful with while building and promoting because affiliate sites can get seriously de-indexed by Google. From all of the stuff I am seeing you talk and write about, you will be best off building true content sites. Affiliate sites tend to get dropped by the serps, while good content sites tend to get the SERPS attention.

Now, you can build content sites with something like WordPress because WordPress is actually a content management system, or CMS. With it you can build blogs, or websites. A blog is not really conducive, IMO, to accomplish your goals. IMO, you want to build sites with a CMS. Since you are building several, or many, learning to use and manage them with something like a CMS will dramatically reduce your efforts.

I highly recommend for you Content Sites. They will not appear to be affiliate sites to the SERPS, and you can have such an abundance of add-ons available to add most any type of feature you like. Later on, when you have them "churning & burning", you can get a developer to convert them to 100% HTML5 sites and let the dev guy manage them for you. All you will have to do after that is provide the content and page designs to your dev guy.

One niche per site, and when you get enough significant traffic per site, you can get advertisers to pay you for ad space, or you can use banners provided by the affiliate offers you want to promote.

It appears to me that you are either writing articles for your website(s), or you are blogging. Which is it. Not really the same monster!

It appears you are trying to setup several sites at once. It also appears you are actually building what are known as affiliate sites, which you must be very careful with while building and promoting because affiliate sites can get seriously de-indexed by Google. From all of the stuff I am seeing you talk and write about, you will be best off building true content sites. Affiliate sites tend to get dropped by the serps, while good content sites tend to get the SERPS attention.

Now, you can build content sites with something like WordPress because WordPress is actually a content management system, or CMS. With it you can build blogs, or websites. A blog is not really conducive, IMO, to accomplish your goals. IMO, you want to build sites with a CMS. Since you are building several, or many, learning to use and manage them with something like a CMS will dramatically reduce your efforts.

I highly recommend for you Content Sites. They will not appear to be affiliate sites to the SERPS, and you can have such an abundance of add-ons available to add most any type of feature you like. Later on, when you have them "churning & burning", you can get a developer to convert them to 100% HTML5 sites and let the dev guy manage them for you. All you will have to do after that is provide the content and page designs to your dev guy.

One niche per site, and when you get enough significant traffic per site, you can get advertisers to pay you for ad space, or you can use banners provided by the affiliate offers you want to promote.
I was planning on building a website that centers around one main theme/niche. There is many sub niches within the main niche. I plan to write articles about different products that will go into a drop down categories on the website.
I have not even started It yet. Lots of different stuff out there and no one really gives it to you straight. I got more information from Shaun Marrs than any of the get rich quick guys all over the Internet. His opinion is honest. How could anyone afford to go into the business with 0 knowledge and not be taken in buy buying courses to nowhere or all the highly expensive Extras that are out there. 100 dollars a montH for this and that, email lists to spam the heck out of people. It’s whacky out there. My decision is to build a website on a main niche and build on it. I don’t have my own product to sell so it will be an affiliate website to sell Amazon products to start. Don’t think I will do any clickbank stuff because it is limited for me. To many variables and lots of junk out there. I have been in the ceramic tile business all my life but how do I sell that? Home Depot? Lowe’s? That 1% commission is not very inviting.
I made this decision last week and the fellow that turned me on to Shaun was most helpful. I understand this is not a get rich quick scheme. It will take time and I have time. I just retired.
this is a great forum and I search to find it. Believe me, lots of garbage out there.

MI
Back