The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello to everybody and a few questions

zonkow

affiliate
I have just explored this forum and signed up. Seems that there are really helpful people here. I have read a lot of questions and answers and I must admit that the answers are very satisfying.

I have been making researches on finding my first niche for nearly three months (a very frustrating three months. I almost cried once).

At last I made my mind and decided on "insomnia" niche. I choose this niche because I, myself suffered from insomnia for long years. So, I know how devastating it is. I want to help people and of course earn money with only honest reviews.

From my experience I know that insomniac people are desperate buyers who want quick solutions. However, yesterday I read a guy's article claiming that only 2 percent of people searching the term "insomnia" are actual buyers the rest are just information searchers.This made everything complicated again.

Now, I want to ask you:

Is insomnia a good niche to start with or I should choose another one? I want to promote a clickbank product with gravity 20. It's a brain entrainment product which helps people go sleep. It is especially for people who don't want to take sleeping pills.

Again, is it a good choice?

Lastly, Do you advise me to make a WordPress site or a Squidoo lens?

I also very pleased to hear your extra advices

Thanks for your answers in advance...

One very simple way to check whether a niche can be easily monetized is to search Google and see if there are lots of PPC ads and what they are selling.

My instinct told me too that it would mainly be free info seekers. Then a Google search confirmed hardly anyone is going after that word. If there was money to be made there would be more Adwords ads.

Also checking Google tells you there are 67,800,000 competing pages. That's very competitive, course I just checked the root keyword and you'd be going after long tails.

Strong vote for Wordpress and I think most here would agree.

Really Linda. It's very bad. I was very hopeful about this niche. Thanks anyway

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Thank you Ron

Well I wasn't saying it's impossible or don't do it. Just sharing part of the research you need to do when analyzing a niche.

MI
Back