The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello fellow Internet Lords

Fronica

affiliate
How's everyone's night going?

Just wanted to introduce myself as I figured joining a community was far more appealing to me than I was giving it credit for. Not that I'm expecting much since.. I'm not sure what I even hope to get. Maybe by reading what everyone else has to say I'll start to get a feel for where I'm located on the path/journey toward realizing my full earning potential via the Internet.

I've been doing this since 2012 so to my constant amazement I'm actually v considered fairly competent and knowledgeable about this whole thing. Still, I'm nowhere near any of you giants out there which means although I'd consider myself a professional, I'm closer to a noob than I am an expert. I've probably made right around $100k total through the years and Email is my specialty. I don't use any of the major ESP's but set my SMTP/CRM management up through AWS so I've learned and have experience with all the various options available (which is a lot) using their infrastructure to build mine.

I'll do my best to help others out with whatever information I'm competent about but that won't mean I'm the most knowledgeable person all the time. All I know is what I've experienced and hopefully together we'll be able to shed enough light on things from our various angles that we all benefit in the end.

I look forward to meeting everybody. Later.

I've probably made right around $100k total through the years and Email is my specialty. I don't use any of the major ESP's but set my SMTP/CRM management up through AWS so I've learned and have experience with all the various options available (which is a lot) using their infrastructure to build mine.

Welcome Fred!

I wish I could see a guide on how to set up your own email delivery system with breakdowns of prices for server, software, traffic... Nothing fancy just a starting point for us to know for what to search in Google for more infos :)
I have a list with more than 300K users but because it's with people from a poor country using a major ESP is not an option. I'm sure there are many in my situation and your help will be highly appreciated.

For anything affiliate marketing related just ask and we all will try to help you.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix, Fred! Happy to have you join us, regardless of where you are on the path. :)

Congrats on your success to date, by the way! You've obviously worked at mastering email marketing.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Fred!

Welcome Fred!

I wish I could see a guide on how to set up your own email delivery system with breakdowns of prices for server, software, traffic... Nothing fancy just a starting point for us to know for what to search in Google for more infos :)
I have a list with more than 300K users but because it's with people from a poor country using a major ESP is not an option. I'm sure there are many in my situation and your help will be highly appreciated.

For anything affiliate marketing related just ask and we all will try to help you.

That's a good idea if you think something like that would actually be useful. Email Marketing is a tough medium to master and I don't know how good of a guide I could write up but I'll certainly do my best. The reason why is because t the tips and explanations that are already out there basically tell you everything you're every going to need to know yet the volume of that information is vast. Secondly, I never set out to "learn" email marketing and instead I organically just became more and more adept at it through trial and error and researching the information I needed to know as I noticed which types of problems arose most frequently that tended to prevent me from achieving an optimal levels of deliverability, clicks and conversions. Further, this will likely be a lifelong process for me as I continue to refine my techniques hoping to attain the results of experts who have done it longer and better than me.

With that said, I think I understand the level of info you're asking for and like I said, it might be a good idea to try and summarize in a guide format my personal thoughts on what it takes to get up and running from ground-zero for anyone whose willing to jump right in and would prefer to learn on-the-fly as opposed to trying to know everything befor you even take your first step.

I've yet to find anything out there that simply answers the most basic questions that people ask without throwing in a bunch of advanced level/philisoohical/ethical BS that may or may not even apply to that individual. Although I personally see nothing wrong with what they may be saying -that's also because I've been doing it for nearly 8 years whereas it's best to avoid muddying the content for all the beginners.

I'm intrigued that someone is asking me this so soon into my membership (if you can't tell from my rambling, I've obviously formed my own opinion, based on all my observations, about the kind of info I'd find when I needed help during my early stages). Maybe I can put something together that will speak to people in a way they need to read it that they haven't quite found elsewhere.

After all, people do learn things in various styles so there's no harm in framing things my way rather than repeating what's already said elsewhere.

With that said, it's gonna take me some time but I'll make a post in the near-future and I'll let whoever is interested know about it when I do.

Edit: Also thanks for all the greetings guys. I apologize for the looooong sentences lol. I'll make sure to proof read if I ever post something actually worth reading .

PS. I'd really like to change my username if possible. It's a little weird seeing my real name there and I didn't realize I'd need to enter my alias during signup. I PM'd a mod but I don't know if that's the proper channel? Does anyone know?

Last edited:
After all, people do learn things in various styles

That's so true.

PS. I'd really like to change my username if possible. It's a little weird seeing my real name there and I didn't realize I'd need to enter my alias during signup. I PM'd a mod but I don't know if that's the proper channel? Does anyone know?

Yes, I know. :D I thought about it, didn't decide to until I knew your dire reason for it.

I'm intrigued that someone is asking me this so soon into my membership (if you can't tell from my rambling, I've obviously formed my own opinion, based on all my observations, about the kind of info I'd find when I needed help during my early stages).

It isn't nice to ask for favors, especially before you provide some value yourself, but the only reason I've asked for some info is because I think your knowledge is way better than any "How to set up your own mail server" article out there.

By the way, my question was more about the setup you have (i.e. Sendy + Amazon + ...) than the email marketing business as a whole.

The moment I've read what I've quoted in my previous post I thought at a "Things I wish I knew before setting up my mail server" kind of article. :) After you struggle learning yourself and finally having success, when you look back, everything is so clear. You know what's working and what's not working, cheaper and maybe better options to send emails on your own without using known ESPs etc.

Thank you again for the time you took to write these posts!

I setup my own email MTA in SSH 3 years ago. Postfix, dovecot, openDKIM. Major pain-in-the-ass ... it's a 5.1.17 kernel now but a Ubuntu 16.10 system EOL 4/25/21 .

Sometimes I don't understand a word you say.

So this cluster-fuck will be a do-over or cluster-fuck of the future. I guess I know what i'll be doing over the holidays /2020

This I understand. :D

Anyway, too much comment for a brief introduction thread ...

Yes, thanks for saying that. Let's get this back to the intro and continue the welcoming from members.

I setup my own email MTA in SSH 3 years ago. Postfix, dovecot, openDKIM. Major pain-in-the-ass ... it's a 5.1.17 kernel now but a Ubuntu 16.10 system EOL 4/25/21 . So this cluster-fuck will be a do-over or cluster-fuck of the future. I guess I know what i'll be doing over the holidays /2020 :p

Anyway, too much comment for a brief introduction thread ...
better place:
Email Marketing
Email Marketing, compliance and list building discussion.

or some other topic of interest ...

banners
Back