The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Has anyone tried Pinbooster.com?

winnifred

affiliate
I have some pinboards on Pinterest with only 1 follower. I know that is really pathetic. But I looked into Pinbooster.com, a company that pays people to post pins for advertisers. You must have 200 followers first before an advertiser will work with you. I think that is the hard part. And you must make $100 before you can cash out.

What do you think of Pinbooster?

I hate to say it, but it seems like a rehash of the recently emerging concept of paying for and selling "pins", "likes", and "tweets", only they are more professional and sugarcoating about it, even though it is technically a black hat concept. In the past, I've come across similar services that will pay you to tweet, if you have enough followers, "like" if you have enough friends on Facebook, and now "pin" for Pinterest. There will likely be no end to how many of these services take root in an attempt to make a profit off of what an advertiser pays for a user to one-up their product promotions and whatnot on a social network.

As with all services like this, there will be some that are scams and some that are legitimate. I would say that Pinbooster is pretty legitimate based on the effort put into the site, although the owners could put in a little more to make it look more professional. I see some buttons that don't seem entirely "in place" and I have to highlight some text to read it properly against the background, but that may just be my browser. Don't knock it until you try it, I suppose.

I never really found too much use in artificial follows and likes, so I'm probably not going to get into this one. Still, I'm sure these services have their own uses to someone, and it's probably why so many of them are popping up and also probably why they last. It might be cool to try as a provider though, thanks for sharing!

I think I would find it hard enough to get 200+ followers on Pinterest, and I assume I would also need to have active pinboards in niches suitable for paid pins.

If businesses are prepared to pay for pins, I see nothing wrong in providing this service, but to earn the $100 required to cash out would surely involve many thousands of pins. I'm sure the pay cannot be much for each pin, so it would take a long time for anyone to cash out from Pinbooster.

I think I would find it hard enough to get 200+ followers on Pinterest, and I assume I would also need to have active pinboards in niches suitable for paid pins.

If businesses are prepared to pay for pins, I see nothing wrong in providing this service, but to earn the $100 required to cash out would surely involve many thousands of pins. I'm sure the pay cannot be much for each pin, so it would take a long time for anyone to cash out from Pinbooster.

$100 does sound like a high amount. Then again, this might still be an easier payout to reach for more seasoned Pinterest veterans. I just hope they do pay out because $100 worth of effort is still a lot and it would feel awful not to be paid after a long wait.

I have never heard about Pinbooster before. I need to check out the site before I can comment on it.

The site's concept is unique though.

I had recently heard of pinbooster and was looking into using this site myself but now hearing that you have to have 200 followers, that puts a hold on my plans lol since I just started using Pinterest and don't have that many followers.

Wow. You have to have a $100 to cash out? That's crazy. I guess I won't be bothering with pinbooster. lol Plus I only have 29 followers. :tongue:

No, but a few of my friends have mentioned it, and having seen this thread I am intrigued by it so I am going to try it out later this afternoon.

I like the idea of it a lot, but that is an unusually high payout amount. Not to mention I severely lack followers on Pinterest. :p

As others have said, this is a rehashed idea, only with what seems to be an impossibly high cash out threshold
on a site that is hard pressed to already have enough followers to make it work. Not saying it can't - if you're already
well established on there it might be a good way to make a passive income. However for most this is dead in the water.

banners
Back