The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Has anyone ever read this copywriting book?

MakeMoneyReviewed

affiliate
Hi guys,

I was curious if anyone here has ever read Dr. Joe Vitale's
Hypnotic Copywriting?

You can find the pdf online easily by just searching.

It's a very old book, I read it years ago and thought it was excellent.

I am curious, if you have read it, what are your thoughts on his style of
writing and would it be effective today?

I thought it was a great book and was just wondering if any of the younger writers/marketers
had heard about or read it and if it could be incorporated into today's copywriting techniques.

Here is the thing with copy. It is the sort of material that does evolve without rendering its previous versions without merit. For example, David Ogilvy, Eugene Schwartz, Claude C. Hopkins, Gary Halbert, Clayton Makepeace, Joseph Sugarman, Jay Abraham, all still have loads of their original copywriting practices, tactics, and methods being used today.

Last edited:
Joseph Vitale is the drugstore magician copywriter - Gary Halbert and Ogilvy were the real money makers.

If you follow these in order, and write a dozen headlines and articles to follow its theme per week, you’ll drastically see the improvements.

1. thegaryhalbertletter.com - Gary Halberts newsletter archives. Also includes the boron letters, while we’re letters written by Gary to his son from prison, for tax evasion. Every part of this site has value, and you’ll be a fool to think otherwise. I know one of the best copywriters in the world, runs a very successful business pulling in $500m/year - wrote down every single letter, word from word, from this site twice, in the beginning of his career. And till today he says this site is the most valuable site on the internet.

2. Robert Cialdini’s Pre-Suasion - one powerful book teaching the understandings of influence. Authoritative writing will always be the most influential and persuasive kind of copy. If you think about it, a doctors prescription has the highest conversion rate.

3. David Ogilvy’s Confessions Of An Advertising Man - the book has great value, and should resonate with anything you’re working on.

4. Breakthrough Advertising - you can get a basic print of it on amazon. By far my favourite book.

I was searching online for some good books on copywriting and stumbled upon Joseph Sugarman Adweek copywriting handbook. As for me who is looking forward for a career in writing, I found this book very inspirational and helpful. This book can be considered as a classical masterpiece. It is a must-read book for anyone who is considering to make a career in copywriting and advertising.

I haven't read this book yet. but heard a lot about it. They say that despite the fact that it came out a long time ago, it is still relevant and has helped many. Now I have even more motivation to read it.

I tend to suppose that in copywriting experience matters much more than books and other educational content. Of course if you're a total rookie then you can start off with some books which can help you to dive into this activity, however I'm convinced that every work which is supposed to be a work on yourself is all about experience and practiing. Actually, in this case practicing matters much more than learning. When you're practicing you're learning something new at the same time. Well, if you have some extra time for learning, then of course you can read some educational stuff about copywriting, why not.

I thought it was a fantastic book, and I was just curious if any of the younger writers or marketers had heard of it or read it, and if it could be applied to modern copywriting tactics.

Hey there! I've heard of Dr. Joe Vitale's "Hypnotic Copywriting" but haven't read it myself. It's cool that you found it excellent back then. Writing styles evolve, but good fundamentals can still be effective today. If anyone else has insights, I'd love to hear them!

MI
Back