The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hall of Fame - Best Words of Wisdom from 5 Star Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by new member dpower in this thread: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...11774-success-begins-only-when.html#post35770

I view disappointment like I view pain. It's usually a sign that you need to readjust some of your tactics. For example, when you're first learning how to ride a bike, and you fall, you experience pain. That pain tells you that you did something wrong. So you get back on your bike, try again, and alter your balance. You might still fall, but this time you put your foot out and catch yourself before hitting the ground. This time, it's not full pain, but just discomfort. So you change your tactics again, and again, until you're riding the bike without falling and without pain.

Disappointment is the same. It's an indication that things are not proceeding according to your expectations. Why? Are your expectations too high? Are you experiencing technical issues with your promotions? The first step in getting rid of the disappointment is to isolate the cause of the disappointment. Be specific. Affiliate Marketing isn't for everyone, just like bike riding isn't for everyone. But if you are determined to be in Affiliate Marketing (just like a person determined to learn to ride a bike), you MUST get to the root of your disappointment before getting rid of it.

Ask yourself, "what can I change right now that would decrease my disappointment?". Maybe you need more knowledge. Maybe you need to read more material, or seek out a teacher. Only you know that. Before you look outward for solutions, you must look inward and isolate the cause of the feelings you experience. Disappointment is "mental pain"...and like physical pain, it's an indication that you must make changes.

Member - PPCguySCOTT

Thread - The Awful Mistake Most Beginners Make in Affiliate Marketing

"I think I've let this cat out of the bag before, but if you want to find a cool new niche, one strategy is to look up the convention center in your nearest metropolitan area and get a schedule of events for the next few months."

Read the Rest: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ers-make-affiliate-marketing-2.html#post42946

Great Post by Jim AKA jkorkern

During building anything, a business, a car, whatever you are doing, it is always best to put all of your eggs in one basket until you have a full basket, Until it is full, you really have nothing to protect or preserve anyway, right? And people who diversify at the start are trying to preserve something they do not have yet.

Get dedicated, stay focused and you can make all your dreams come true, even in a bad finiancial market like today. Johnson & Johnson started in the great depression, so nobody should let that be an excuess not to make your business thrive.

In this post someone asked me why I always say newbie affiliates should not try to promote make money online and Internet marketing products because there is too much competition and that market is filled with sharks.

Jim AKA jcorkern replied:

Being a minnow is not bad if you are the biggest one in a mud puddle. There you are competing against other minnows, once you master survival there and grow, you can just jump to a pond. Take some time there, grow, learn , get stronger, learn new tricks, then jump to the lake, before you know it, you will be the biggest fish in the lake, then you can make the leap to the ocean.

By the time you get to the ocean, you will have the strength, knowledge, wisdom and experience to deal with the sharks.

There are no jobs on the face of the earth that you start at the top of the ladder, it is a progression to the top, and you need to start at the bottom or you are doomed to fail as Linda stated. It prepares you for the bigger waters.

Wisdom will tell you it is better to be the shark in a mud puddle than the minnow in the sea.

Take your time, start at the bottom and grow.

You can not give a 2 year old a harley, but a tricycle is fine, just right! Then they grow to the bike, then keep stepping up as you master each step.

You can do it, just keep focused and keep swimming, you will get there.

If I were starting over again...

• I would work on a topic I thoroughly enjoyed.
  • I would pick a topic where video made sense so I could better utilize YouTube.
  • I would be sure to focus on the creation of only 100% original content.
  • I would focus heavily on serving the needs of my visitor.
  • I would pick only a handful of merchants to represent.
  • I would blog everyday...no matter what.
  • I would pick one content management system (I.e. Drupal or WordPress).
  • I would learn how to outsource (then there would be nothing I couldn't do).
  • I would find one good techie I could call on when needed.
  • I would find one good graphic designer to handle my graphics.
  • I would find one or two good writers to support my efforts.
  • I would create content every day.
  • I would add a photo gallery so I would be found in Google Images.
  • I would send out a monthly press release using PRWeb.
  • I would start Twittering to build my following.
  • I would make sure that at least 2 or 3 sites a week link to me.
  • I would subscribe to aWeber to build my list.
  • I would use aWeber's Blog Broadcast feature to send my newsletter.
  • I would buy some traffic from Google.
  • I would call my affiliate manager at least once a month.
  • I would attend 1 or 2 conferences a year.
  • I would stop looking for "the short cut".
  • I would not buy software that promises to "do it all" for me.
  • I would find someone I trust to help me.
  • I would work to get the support of my wife faster.
  • I would stick to only one hosting company.
  • I would register all of my domain names via my hosting company.
  • I would start a chat forum.
  • I would podcast.
  • I would submit my podcast to the podcast directories.
  • I would interview others for my visitors.
  • I would build a community.
  • I would take better care of my passwords.
  • I would blog on other people's websites.
  • I would brand myself by adding my photo and name.
  • I would distribute my RSS feeds everywhere.
  • I would take more time choosing my topic.
  • I would not get so wrapped up in keywords.
  • I would write naturally.
  • I would master Google Analytics.
  • I would work on increasing my conversion rates every day.
  • I would not get sucked into the latest "technique".
  • I would work more often in Internet cafes.
  • I would post more often in chat forums ...helps to organize my thoughts.
  • I would start a group on FaceBook.
  • ...and so I could do it all ... I would build only one site.

A great case study about how he launched and successfully monetized a site in 30 days by our SEO pro jcorkern.

A Great Reason To Study And Work ★★★

This is one post that I really do not know exactly how to handle, but I am going to do my best to show everyone here that if you choose wisely and work hard and smart that you can make your dreams come true online in a short time with SEO and online marketing.

I started a project 1 month ago to this day, the 16th of last month, and would like to share the results and encourage you to do the same in your life. The first thing I would like to state is that this is not the first time this has happened to me, in fact it has happened repetedly to me since I started SEO and internet marketing.

Read the rest!

Another great post from our MVP Joseph Ratliff

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/17051-why-ebooks-home-study-courses-might-doing-you-more-harm-than-good.html">Why Ebooks and Home Study Courses Might Be Doing You More Harm Than Good...</a>

Read it for some EXCELLENT advice!

Yet another excellent post by Joseph Ratliff. (And you wonder why he has the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) Award! :)

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/search.php?searchid=212881">3 Common Questions About Starting An Affiliate Marketing Business Answered... </a>

I love it when someone asks this question...

"Can I make $XX,XXX or more per year as an affiliate marketer?"

The reality is, this affiliate business, like 99% of all businesses, has its challenges and its rewards...and tons of income potential with no specific amounts that can be determined for any one person...because it's a business, and not a "job" with a pay scale.

So the question really is, and this is not personal...as many ask the type of question listed above...

Are you committed to make $XX,XXX (or more) in your own affiliate marketing business this year?

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/19769-what-business-you.html#post62278">Joseph Ratliff - What Business Are You In?</a>

Ahhh yes, the ultimate question.

Some would say… “I’m in the __________ (niche here) business.”

Wrong.

Still others would say… “I’m in the marketing business.” (betcha didn’t expect that one huh?)

Wrong again.

I would challenge that you’re in the business of serving people.

Your niche is the industry in which you choose to serve people…

Your marketing are the methods and media you choose to use and invite people into your business of serving people.

Simple, short, effective. :D

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/20129-why-you-not-where-you-want.html#post63601">Joseph Ratliff - Why You Are Not Where You Want To Be...</a>

Why do you think you not where you want to be?

There?s only one real reason, but I?m going to provide a few examples.

I will let you know that I don?t write this from a position ?above? you at all?

I have made thousands upon thousands of mistakes in my time marketing and developing my own business?it?s from that position I write this to you.

Ok?let?s get to a few reasons why you?re not where you want to be right now?

You REALLY need to go read the rest!

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/20276-newbies-how-prepared-you.html#post64078">David Jackson - How Prepared Are You?</a>
One of the keys to being successful is being prepared. So newbies, I have some questions for you to see how prepared you are. That way, you can do a self-evaluation.

Okay, you've decided you want to become an affiliate and sell other people's products. So what's your game plan?

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/20276-newbies-how-prepared-you.html#post64078">Read the rest</a>!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back