The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gurus - are they really?

atchisonhall

There are so many "Guru's" out there all sound like they have the answer to making money online. Any suggestions on who the best ones are or who might be someone to avoid?

In my experience, anyone who calls himself an "expert" or a "guru" probably isn't. And most people who want to sell you "the secret" to "making money online" or anything else probably have nothing to sell that you can't learn on your own. The real secret is hard work and a willingness to learn and experiment.

In my experience, anyone who calls himself an "expert" or a "guru" probably isn't. And most people who want to sell you "the secret" to "making money online" or anything else probably have nothing to sell that you can't learn on your own. The real secret is hard work and a willingness to learn and experiment.

Spot on minstrel :)

You're usually "called" an expert by those you serve in your market if you've earned it...the term "guru" isn't a negative one, but a term that is often misused quite often.

They've had one good idea a few years ago and they are trying to stay in the game. But "the game" of SEO and website creation has changed drastically and their products are just out-of-date.

There is no secret to SEO and marketing. All is out there. You just need to be unique and be smart. Go with things that are proven to work!

There are so many "Guru's" out there all sound like they have the answer to making money online. Any suggestions on who the best ones are or who might be someone to avoid?

If it's affiliate training you're looking for, one guy to look out for (other than me :) - but I'm more ghost than guru) is Chris Farrell. Check out the reviews on him at IM ReportCard - he's the only training membership I'm willing to recommend to my people.

Ah, I can't stand the Guru hype man. It's so persuasively exciting when they're all like:

"$10k in 10 days, just give me $40. Isn't $10k next week worth giving me $40 today? BUY IT =D, won't last forever, top secrets, yeah yeah!"

I'm guilty of buying these products.. but now I have a real training community I can rely on. They're very helpful. They are 'real' gurus in the sense that if it's $47/month for a membership and they have over 30,000 members, they're making over a million a month - that's pro. This is all just business, forget the 'gurus', get creative in a entrepreneurial way and work hard. You'll see results.

[snipped]

Zadok

(also, mrgreen.am is a cool blog to read. Whether or not the author is a guru himself, I have no proof.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I agree, I feel Chris Farrell is one of the best, I know from first hand training with him, and I became an affiliate for his membership site. He's got a great team to help you get started and move in the right direction. Even with all his tools, you still need, time, energy and effort to make it work!

Here's To Persistence

Morris

but of course there are gurus out there.

and not just the ones giving away the secrets or big promises but the ones that actually run things, for instance everyone bangs on about following matt cutts etc. this is probably very good advice

Another way to look at it is that they got your money, so they must be guru's.

I had an old internet marketing guru tell me to do what he does to make me want to buy. Mimic their programs and you will do fine, but most do not mimic, they imitate, mimic means to do the same (if you mimic the process of making cheese, you get cheese), imitation is a cheap knockoff (imitation cheese?), has the look, but not the substance of the real thing. You have to use the whole program, you can't pick and choose what parts of the program you want to do, and this is where most fail.

Let's take Brad Callen for an example. You think he just opens a service and it explodes because of his name and rep? Not so. He spends hundreds of thousands developing a project, he does the research, implements the site, content copy, email, payment processing, pre sales advertising, press over a launch date, networking with other pro's to get the word out, and then it has to work or the business falls off.

The reason most fail is because they do not run their business like a business. Period.

Not defending people who take advantage of noobs, but it is no different than an affiliate selling "liquid trust spray", and yes, there are idiots out there that will buy a spray thinking it will make people trust them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are gurus and they know exactly how to make things work. I think it is important to keep up to date and go to the affiliate marketing seminars and actually meet the experts.

The reason most fail is because they do not run their business like a business. Period.

End of story.

While the rest of your post certainly rang true jcorkern... this part of it represents the foundation.

You don't need a guru if you know how to build businesses. :cool:

Most of the online affiliate marketing "gurus" are not experts at all. Many of them make money by selling you materials that will supposedly make you a better online businessperson. So it's almost a bit scammy.

MI
Back