The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Greetings from The Gambia.

YAYA JATTA

affiliate
Hi everyone, i am new to this site and am interested in Affiliate Marketing. I joint the forum as i have learnt a lot about CPA Marketing thanks to this forum.

We i started i was overwhelmed with lots of information and when it comes to putting things in action and always lost.. i have questions tho, if someone my care to hepl.
What is a postback URL and what is the use of adding a [subid] to your tracking URL.

Thanks and Happy Marketing to all.

Hi everyone

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

What is a postback URL

This is a form of "cookieless" tracking. It's for tracking your conversions. There are two ways you will want to be aware of at this point. Postbacks and Pixels. A tracking platform such as Voluum supports both, as do many others.

An S2S (server to server) Postback URL is a special URL that uses tokens to pass information on conversion and other information.

A tracking pixel is an HTML piece of code that can be placed on your website or landing pages to track the actions carried out by the visitor.

Your tracker is will give you loads of data including ad impressions, page visits, conversions, etc.

More can be found here at Voluum's Blog.

If you want to use Voluum, then here is an AffiliateFix/Voluum Special 30% Discount.

what is the use of adding a [subid] to your tracking URL.

These are also used for for identifying data so you can separate the data. For example, to identify the traffic source, or landers and ads in split tests, and loads of other data collected from various sources and actions.

_______________________________________________________________​

This sub forum is for introductions and you will get far more in depth help from the members by posting tracking questions as a new thread in the Tracking forum.

MI
Back