Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google's sandbox filter is still alive

D

djbaxter

Google's sandbox filter is still alive
Axandra News
17 March 2009

Google's sandbox is a filter that Google's search quality team created some years ago to fight spam in the search results. If you have a new website or if you made major changes on your website then Google's sandbox filter might be the reason why your website's rankings have dropped.

Why does Google use the sandbox filter?
It's likely that Google delays the inclusion of brand-new web sites to encourage webmasters to build content instead of building mini-networks. Some webmasters try to artificially inflate the link popularity of their web site by creating a network of small web sites with different URLs that all link to each other. Many of these web sites have no purpose other than linking to the main web site.

...more

I get a lot of link exchange requests with sites like that - it's rather annoying. :(

Content and linking are your friends, they will help you get out of the sandbox sooner.

My first site got ranked pretty quickly (12) then got sandboxed when I made a change in the format. Took me a week, 4 articles, and some bookmarking/linking to bring myself out of it and back to my spot... added to it my site is now PR2.

Basically, do everything you should be doing anyways. If your site is still indexed then there is nothing to worry about.

Content and linking are your friends, they will help you get out of the sandbox sooner.

My first site got ranked pretty quickly (12) then got sandboxed when I made a change in the format. Took me a week, 4 articles, and some bookmarking/linking to bring myself out of it and back to my spot... added to it my site is now PR2.

Basically, do everything you should be doing anyways. If your site is still indexed then there is nothing to worry about.

I just got sandboxed but I did expect it anyway... Ranking no. 1 and 3 on page 1 for 2 weeks with a 3 week old site continuously was like a free holiday.:) Is there any magic bullet to use other thank backlinks and new content daily? I still get decent traffic, and have subscribers already, get 3-4 comments a day and loads of pingbacks. Anything else I can do other than building about 30 PR1-6 backlinks daily?
By the way: screw Google. My articles and profile pages are still all over page one :)

what's google sandboxed?

Explained in the first post:

Google's sandbox is a filter that Google's search quality team created some years ago to fight spam in the search results. If you have a new website or if you made major changes on your website then Google's sandbox filter might be the reason why your website's rankings have dropped.

See also:
Note that the same term is applied to a Google Checkout function and at least previously to an AdSense/AdWords tool, but that's something quite different.

banners
Back