The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google sounds the death knell for Adobe Flash

AF-Roger

Starting in September, the Google Chrome web browser will no longer automatically show Adobe Flash advertisements, the search giant announced yesterday.

Chrome is the second most popular browser for desktop and laptop computers, with about 28% market share, behind only Microsoft Internet Explorer, according to NetMarketShare.

The change, first announced in June, is just Google's latest attack against Adobe Flash.

Read more: Google Chrome won't autoplay Flash ads - Business Insider

Google Chrome will start blocking Adobe Flash ads today

Internet ads that use Adobe Flash will be blocked onGoogle Chrome as of Tuesday, the Wall Street Journalreports.

Google has chosen to do this because Flash technology increases page-loading times and kills battery more quickly, overall decreasing the quality of the Chrome experience. The Flash ads will still be available, but users will have to click on them to get them to play.

Read more Google Chrome Will Start Blocking Adobe Flash Ads Today - Fortune

Hey... So, whats gonna happens with flash based advertisements? I think guys involved in it should think about a contingency plan now. I am still puzzle about the strategy of Google. I mean flash content is just like an integral part of web development these days. How they are going to segregate between bad content and good content ?. How they are going to manage the interactive websites ? may be there is a lot to come a head. Lets see what happens....

Huh! Doesn't surprise me somehow and I think @marketerbybirth brought up some good questions.

By the way....did you notice that the Big G has a new logo?

They changed 2 days ago, 1st of Sept as well as the favicon, as for the flash things i agree with them, there is html5 nowdays and toons of optimizable scripts to get awesome results.
Flash is heavy like hell and known notebook killer.

I'm just thinking to all that gambling sites using flash..

Yeah, you know that flash was deprecated on many tablets and many phones sometime back because of the heavy code as well as some security issues.

MI
Back