Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Shares How You?ve Been Behaving

D

djbaxter

Google Shares How You?ve Been Behaving!
by Dazzlin' Donna
June 26, 2011

Google is now allowing advertisers to target ads based on our behavior, which means that Google tracks our browsing activity and determines what we like, and then lets advertisers show ads to us based on those interest categories. How nervous does that make you? If you routinely surf areas of the ?net that you might not want Grandma to know about, then you may not want her looking too closely at the ads that Google will be showing you in the future, either.

Even if your surfing habits are squeaky clean, I suggest you take a look at your own Ad Preferences page, where Google shows you what it believes you are interested in. (Make sure you are logged in when you go to that URL). From that page, you can either remove individual interest categories or opt out of having Google show interest-based ads to you.

Read more...

... they should have an option for advertisers to exclude niche marketers.. my searches reflect my research (doing searches in my various niches whether that's seo analysis or whatever..) not personal interests. :D

banners
Back