The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google SERP Changes in July?

temi

affiliate
I heard there was some SERPs changes by Google this month, does anyone have more info about it? Has you site benefited positively or otherwise from this changes?

Nothing really big, just the usual stuff on most of the websites.

I lost 2 positions for a website, but that was because I lost some important backlinks ( from this forum's signature actually )

First i heard about it to be honest, some of my sites have gone up in serps but i put that down to the work im doing on them

Yes it happened

One of my client site rank dropped from top position to below 100.

Infact, the position of a site in google kept changing daily.

But,now it is stable.

You may want to investigate new changes that was made to the site recently and possibly backlinks

One of my client site rank dropped from top position to below 100.

Infact, the position of a site in google kept changing daily.

But,now it is stable.

I don't have much knowledge of it, what I only knew is my keywords
increased and decreased every time I make SERP. And that is not
good :(

we all experienced that due to "google dance". Hope that it'll go back to normal as soon as possible,, wanna know my real SERP

One of my site is like being reset by Google. It received about 2K visitor daily and 80 % of that comes from Google until yesterday. Today there are no visitor from Google, only Yahoo and live.com still delivers some visitor.

All my sites flew up the rankings, and some 'questionable' companies that were above me are now below me for internet marketing keywords

My results have generally improved though are massively fluctuating. Some days am 3rd or 4th position some days am back on 2nd page.

Ive jumped about 10 positions to get to 3rd/4th, not really sure how or why though as some know ive been working really hard at it.

The real strange thing is am 3rd for google.co.uk searches, when searching web. However, when i do search uk in option on google.co.uk am back at 12th for same search term!!! why is this, do i need more .co.uk links??

There is a well respected industry site that many above me were listed on which has been redesigned, including site and url structure losing all PR due to this. (OWG i was mad to consider changing URL strucure even with redirects etc, so thanks for wake up call!!!)

I wonder if this has played a big part in other sites losing ranking and mine gaining. As alot of sites am competiting with have on average 100 ish links.

Its great to have moved up SERPS, would be even better if it stopped moving and remained at 3rd!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think (only think) that Google has implemented a change in one of the important parameters in it's Algorithm.
IMO, the threshold for what some may term an Over Optimisation Penalty (OOP). This is a loading factor that Google applies to a site that although in all probability, it is not directly contravening Google Guidelines, it has been Over Optimised.

This OOP results in a page being loaded or handicapped resulting in a much lower position in the SERPs. You may sometimes notice a drastic drop in a page for the 2 word search term "Red Widgets, but the 3 word "Red Widgets Geolocation" remains unaffected. This is because the concentration, word density, call it what you like is unnaturally high but not so when the search term is longer.

This is only my theory so don't go drastically pruning your content, just analyse the terms that have dropped and see what you think.

I just noticed the PR update must of happened yesterday or today. Lot of my PR0 went to PR3 and 4. I know PR is meaningless but anything else change recently? I checked all my site's keyword positions and they relatively stayed the same.

I looked this morning prior to previous post, one search term was 3rd for. Looked just now and am back on 2nd page:cray:.

Is this normal??

I've read an article, i think a month ago,, when all these unexplainable changes in rankings started and it was stated there that it will last for a month, so i hope that things will go back to normal the soonest time... what i do now is to check it manually but it takes time really,,, :(

MI
Back