The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Google refuses to cache my website.

beamup

affiliate
Hello guys

I have one site of pr 1 and the last time the cache was updated was September 3rd.I have good backlinks ,but for some reason google refuses to update the cache.
Any ideas?

have you updated your page content on a regular basis? The more fresh content and changes you make, the more they visit.

Let's say you update your homepage today and a spider visit's tomorrow and finds new content. it will then come again in a period of time, let's say 2 weeks. And when it returns there are no changes. so it may wait 4 weeks before the next visit, if it does not find any changes, it may go 8 weeks before the next visit. getting the picture?

Now, lets say you make some small changes to the content between the first and second visit, it will then drop the time between visits, let's say to a week, when it returns in a week if there are more changes it will come again in a week, and as long as you are consistent, it will continue to visit regularly.

Now, there is a second thing and that is links. you stated that you have good links, but do you have "new" links. Here we go with the changes again, if you are adding new links and google finds them, then it assumes that there may be something new to see and sends the cache spider again.

I would bet that if you asked Linda, it does not take long for a new thread to get cached in this forum, it is always adding new and fresh content.

So get some new links and add some fresh content to the pages. it can be as simple as re wording a paragraph on a regular basis. Even an rss feed will work for fresh and changing content.

Why do you think digg , craigslist, wikipedia, furl.net and all of these sites get crawled so much? Because they are ever changing and getting new links.

this will cure your problem

To add to JCorken, SEO articles are another great way to keep your website fresh for the google cache spider. The more SEO articles you place on your website the better your ranking.

This is why freelance writers like myself are so busy these days. Everyone wants new and unique content for their websites.

Another thing you can do is have a regularly updated blog that you link back to relevant content on your site with each post.

Here's the scoop:

1. Post an article in your blog about some topic you also discuss on your site.
  2. Use keywrods to link back to your site from within the artcle. Not always the home page, you want deep-linking. Link to whatever page ties in with the topic of the particular article.
  3. Ping your blog post at pingoat or pingomatic or both.
  4. Submit to sites like technorati, Digg, and the like. You can also use onlywire to do multiple bookmarks at one shot.
  5. See the spiders come and slurp it all up.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new traffic!

Sheree

Hello guys

I have one site of pr 1 and the last time the cache was updated was September 3rd.I have good backlinks ,but for some reason google refuses to update the cache.
Any ideas?

Google will only cache your site if you continuously update fresh content that is completely original.I am putting down four important points.Simply follow them and your website will be cached on a regular basis.

1)Keyword density
The density of keyword affects the ranking of your page. The higher the keyword density the higher is your rank so one should always include a 30-40 word paragraph containing key-word rich content, thus increasing the keyword density.

2)Keyword prominence
The keywords you have chosen should appear in title, Meta and H tags with some occurrence in the body also. So you should not define Google without putting the word Google in the body of the definition. This means H and P tags should go hand shaking with each other.

3)Page rank and back links
The more site links to your site better is the page rank of your site and more relevant your site is. Google also takes into consideration the words [or Anchor text] that appear in your back links
Code:
<A> Click Here</A> is less relevant than
<A> Example of Google</A>

4)Content
Some say that the Content of your site is the king, but for me it?s actually the crown which the webmaster wears if his site has the right content. Build the content and users will be interested just be reading it.

1)Keyword density
The density of keyword affects the ranking of your page. The higher the keyword density the higher is your rank so one should always include a 30-40 word paragraph containing key-word rich content, thus increasing the keyword density.

Keyword density has little effect actually, naturally sprinkling your desired keywords throughout your content is advised, but there is no magical keyword density formula that causes your page to rank better then the pages you're competing with.

So the statement that the higher the keyword density the higher is your rank is not true.

This can be easily verified researching the SERP's.

If your statement would hold true, every page ranking above another page would hold a greater keyword density.

Trying to bring your keyword density on your page to a certain percentage is just silly and a waste of time in my opinion.

banners
Back