The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google or Youtube

HRB

Greetings All,

Would like opinions on whether google is more effective than youtube for generating web traffic. What is your opinion based on?

Regards,

HRB

This depends on what you are marketing. It is that simple, what is not simple is a cover all answer to this problem.

If what you are marketing is already mainstream and viral in nature, then youtube may be the ticket to success, But if it is the new brand of denture cleaner, chances are that youtube will not be as effective as keyword searches in Google.

You would not advertise a rock star in a gardening magazine, would you? Every product, service and business has certain ways to market that are best for them. It is our job as marketers to decide what is best, and test, test, test!

This depends on what you are marketing. It is that simple, what is not simple is a cover all answer to this problem.

If what you are marketing is already mainstream and viral in nature, then youtube may be the ticket to success, But if it is the new brand of denture cleaner, chances are that youtube will not be as effective as keyword searches in Google.

You would not advertise a rock star in a gardening magazine, would you? Every product, service and business has certain ways to market that are best for them. It is our job as marketers to decide what is best, and test, test, test!

Very well said jcorken . It all depends on what you're marketing. In terms of sheer numbers though i feel its hard to compare between the two..

I would have to go with Google on that matter. Having top rankings for your keywords in the SERP would be better than opting for a viral method of drawing traffic.

Better Search Engine!

Hi,

Now it depends on what your site consists of. If your site many videos, then i would suggest youtube for sure. But if the contrast is the case, then definitely google is a better option.

McCain.

well, i would go with both, if you know how to use them to get yourself targeted traffic. If you do choose to make videos, dont only upload to youtube, upload your videos to tubemogul.com, it posts your videos onto 15 different video hosting websites for free. And three of the websites it places your videos on is youtube, google video, and aol video. Hope this helps man.

MI
Back