The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google or Yahoo ?

Google, by a mile. But the question is kind of irrelevant. You want to rank well on both.

As much as it pains me to say it, Google is the global leader in search.
I take that negative view because it's never good when one corporation is so far ahead of all the others. It lacks true competition, and for people like us, that can be very bad indeed.

You make one mistake with Google's very vague rules and they block you, then what? It's a very dangerous game they're playing; dictating how the web should be run, and then effectively banishing people and companies from the kingdom if they break their inflicted rules, rules that are easily broken because their laws are so secret.

How do you play by the rules when they don't tell people what those rules are? Ridiculous.

So, yes, for now Google is the leader.

I understand your concerns, Conran. If it's any consolation, rest assured that Google won't always be the leader. It might take time (or might not) but I'm confident they won't always be at the forefront.

We were banned off Google over 3 years ago, and that was simply because we were .co.uk sotes, they always prefer .com for some reason, but not being on Google I can tell you makes no difference to us because we are listed on so many engines out there Google fades into tiny it's self, because Yahoo and others that have been going longer or more about on the net, and with places like China and others where Google have been attacked for doing naughty things, and people in the UK who for one reason or another do not like the way Google snoops on us all with maps etc more and more are already turning away from having Google on a PC now.

Alternative4u... I've never read such nonsense. Google does not ban people for having .co.uk's. More likely you did something else like selling links, bad re-directs, or whatever. And if Google is insignificant in terms of the rest of your traffic, then you're simply not getting good rankings.

but not being on Google I can tell you makes no difference to us because we are listed on so many engines out there Google fades into tiny it's self,

I'm afraid that doesn't make much sense.

Google is the search leader, if you are getting thousands of visitors from other SE's, you're still missing out on possibly millions more because you're not helped by Google.

If Google has a 70% (I don't know what the numbers are) share of the market, you're still missing out on that 70% of people searching for your product or service.

banners
Back