The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Google News - Pay-Per-Action Opens to all Advertisers

Hi Loren,

Have not had time to scan my feedreader today yet.
Is that the same thing they've had for awhile now or something new?

Nevermind, just went and grabbed it. I see then went from closed Beta
to open it up to all. Here's a snippet and a link.
"Mortgage lenders, auto dealers, retailers and even mom-and-pop advertisers reliant upon customer leads have another way to advertise through Google. The company planned to open its pay-per-action (PPA) AdSense beta to qualifying advertisers worldwide today, following a three-month closed trial period. The service threatens other pay-for-performance affiliate networks like ValueClick's Commission Junction and LinkShare, and could coax budget-minded and click-fraud leery advertisers to use Google more often."
Google Opens Performance-Based System to Qualified Ad Buyers

Interesting... but from what I've read it hasnt gone as well as planned.
YOUR THOUGHTS???

Thanks for the heads up on thatstory Loren. I just blogged it...

When Google started their new Pay-Per-Action (CPA) advertisers BETA program back in March, industry naysayers cried "the affiliate model will die and Commission Junction will bite the dust." I really wasn't too worried, but who knows. Google is such a behemoth and truly taking over the world, so she could overtake our world too, but I seriously doubt it.

Well I say the proof is in the puddin! See below for feedback from an industry insider that tried Google PPA with 2 customers and got lackluster results. Also see comments from one of our most infamous industry naysayers...

Google Pay Per Action (CPA) Opens - No Threat to Affiliate Model

So what do you guys think???

Google knows how this is doing and if it is doing as well as they had hoped or not. But as usual, Google isn't saying very much and leaving it up to others to guess.

I know what Kevin Lee said, but 2 clients might not be enough to come up with any type of a conclusion that could be considered logical or representative whether the results were sensational, average or miserable.

Google didn't say how many they had in the 3 months of testing they have just completed, but I am sure it was more than 2.

Now this is going to be opened to who knows how many thousands. It will be interesting to see the results when looked at as a whole. They might be good, bad or average. They might be absolutely hot or they might stink. But it will give a much more clear picture than the results from 2 advertisers.

banners
Back