The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Launches SEO Starter Guide

Useful guide, as others have said, more of an introduction to the 'on site' side of seo.

Definitely worth a look for beginners, just dipping their toes in the muddy waters of search engine optimization.

huh,
didn't expect google to do this ever
but i guess i shudve expected as much considering how much matt cutts explains everything, no suprises here tho only useful to newbies

I've got to agree that natural link building is an oxymoron how do you get links with out have a link building strategy, Im trying to white hat it only, no buying links link farms ect but its hard word, wish I new how the big boys do it.

Ant

I've got to agree that natural link building is an oxymoron how do you get links with out have a link building strategy, Im trying to white hat it only, no buying links link farms ect but its hard word, wish I new how the big boys do it.

Really, it's not an oxymoron at all. If you have contednt that is of genuine interest to others, people WILL link to it. Use RSS feeds, Twitter, etc., to get the word out about interesting content on your sit.

Not in the case you have mentioned but the notion of link building include more than having good content, but an active campaign in getting link on others website, though such things (and more) as forums, blogs, directories etc.

Ant

I was suprised to see google release this but i have now come to realise just why it's a very clever idea on their part. If they don't want unnatural link building or content to be duplicated then of course the best thing they could do is over advice on what people should be doing. Thanks for the heads up on this

Thanks for sharing this. I read it immediately as it is from Google and they know how their engine works. So what they will ask you to do on site will be in order to get good rankings.

Google's webmaster guidelines is a great source created by Google themselves. How great is that? I think that they are awesome for doing this. It's the basics,but it's better than not caring at all. That is one reason why I love Google so much. They really listen to the consumer to improve their products and services.

Google are trying to promote relevant and high quality content, they want to provide quality search, of course they are not going to release their algorithm or give to much away or it will lead to manipulation of what they want to be pure and relevant results. Google is trying to level the playing field, if a smaller unknown site that has great content on it is overshadowed by a larger and more optimised site that quite frankly is absolutely worthless. Google wants the best links at the top, not the most optimised.

Well if I could get the page to load I would read some of the guide lol. That's cool Google is doing this though. So new webmasters can get there info from Google themselves instead of having to search around and being mislead. Thanks for the post.

The Starter Guide is a PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file. Some browsers and some PDF readers have trouble loading these files in the browser.

Try right clicking on the link to the guide and save it somewhere as a PDF file. Then open it locally with your PDF reader.

You might try installing Foxit Reader (free) instead of Adobe Acrobat. It loads a lot faster and when they have security issues they get fixed a lot faster.

Well it?s good to know how google wants you to proceed. But that?s not all for online marketers. Obviously this knowledge is necessary of the beginners, help to remain in White hat process. But to sustain in competitive market one should go ahead with innovative ideas to make a campaign more effective.

MI
Back