The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Launches SEO Starter Guide

Actually that guide is vey good to set your site up properly for SEO, in-site SEO I should say. But popularity is a high percentage of the success in getting a good position in the SERPs. And about that, of course, it only is mentioned the basis. I am talking about link building which is the most difficult part of SEO because not only implies to work hard on it but also to know some tricks.

Google offers many helpful free information for webmasters about how to get indexed higher in the search engine ranking results.

Google also tells how to avoid being indexed by using the 'robots.txt' file to stop Google robots from crawling your site.

I have read it and it was very useful, even for a guy with more than 1 year experience in SEO. Everybody should read it. :)

Google want websites to have focus on content - t.ex Google AdSense will be much more effective this way, and by this Google earns more money :)

I found the Google SEO guide to be informative, actually. I especially appreciated the section of the guide that explains now to optimize for a mobile site. With the many individuals and companies out there going mobile now, this is important information, especially for those who are just starting out with mobile and my not know how to be go about optimizing.

So good work Google!

You can bet that it does not cover link building, since they push "Natural links" which is a 100% false assumption.

What? You mean that when we build a site people won't just come, love it, link to it like crazy and drive us up the SERP's onto page in the blink of an eye??? My world has just fallen apart!

;)

I say "natural links" are a fallacy because how can you wite content about plumbing that is so good that people link to it naturally? Even if it is that good that people would link to it, if you index at position 330 or even 30. who is going to see it to link to it since very few people even get to page 2 in the serps?

If you are page 3, then the only visits you will get will be other SEO's and webmasters doing analysis or checking your links to find other linking sources.

I know you are joking, but others that may read this will not understand unless we tell them. There absolutely has to be links for you to get the visibility you need to even have a shot at "natural" links.

So, unless you do a press release (which gives links) or use some other method of promotion which build "un natural" links, you can not reach top positions in 99.999999999999% of occurances.

Good read but yes definitely for starters and it doesnt really look at link building - but was kinda expecting it not to. Anyways i think it is good that google are talking about seo and I think this is the biggest indication that seo will never die!

Nice and basic information on SEO, definitely worth reading if you are a beginner. Hopefully Google will post more advanced techniques or at least keep the posted info updated. It can definitely save a lot of trouble for newbies.

I have known about this guide, though I think it's better to learn not from Google but from SEO professionals that base their tips on their experience. There's also a good book called "How to get to the top on Google".

I think this is my new favourite forum. Really interesting pdf, I'm definitely going to have to start on my site tomorrow as it seems I am committing a lot of Google don'ts.

Its just a revamped of the original webmasters Google guide, its cool but its nothing too groundbreaking really.

How interesting!~ Google is trying to help the little guy. I alwyas thought goggle was always trying to change things to push people to the bottom of the results so that that everyone would pay for positions. I am still glad that we can benefit from organic search engine traffic. I always click on the organic results before I click on advertised results.

That's really nice. Google really gives an importance to SEOs. It is very useful guide indeed for everyone just starting in SEO.

banners
Back