The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google becoming giant monopoly

"Amazing" isn't the word I'd use. Maybe "scary" or "worrisome" or "alarming".

This is an awesome article, I definitely have to bookmark it. While other webmasters are ignoring the fact, I think Google has way to much power. They are always changing their algorithm. There new personalized search is total bs, it basically gives more power to the companies with high pr. It doesn't give the little people a chance to get traffic. I think eventually all the little sites will be knocked out of the results.

The whole no follow feature was a very bad idea I think. But, whatever Google says goes.

I find the whole thing really sad. I've had many friends who worked for them and now don't. Sergei and Larry used to have hot debates about whether they should build roads in Africa or provide worldwide free internet. Now the company seems to be solely focused on control. The now cliche "google slap," the no-follow tags, and their various means of secretly punishing those who don't play their game speaks of a company concerned with winning. Perhaps it was the inevitable end of a public offering, but it's still sad. When I first walked into their headquarters in 2003, the first thing you were greeted with was a sign saying "it is possible to make money without doing evil." I'm not sure they've gone to the point of fully evil, but their desire to maintain control is getting out of hand.

There's no question that they've abandoned the "don't be evil" motto. And, like many others before them, they will find that as powerful as they may be today it's the beginning of the end.

Yes, it seems like they are trying to take over every aspect of the internet these days. Whenever something like Twitter comes out it seems like they try to one up it, for example Google Buzz. I guess they aren't contempt with just being the top search engine in the world (by far) - they want to take over every other aspect of the internet also.

I really like this post. Google wants to be involve in almost any facet of the web. There recent announcement that FTP publishing will no longer be available after May 1, 2010 is something to worry about.

First they slam affiliat links now its FTP who knows what next.

Best Wishes,

John Benjamin

MI
Back