The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Getting Started

REDDRAGON

affiliate
I'm just about ready to get everything on line and start making some money. One question I have is this;I have a domain name, I can get that rediected to another URL and then possibly make a sale from the main site. I guess I would just be a go between. Is that how I should do it or is there another way.I understand the concept of having to generate traffic and the use of keywords but I'm just sure of the best way to get a sale?

Thanks for your help,
Red Dragon :confused:

REDDRAGON, when I read this so many thoughts went through my mind because you didn't give many details.

You didn't say why you have decided on the redirect.

Also, based on what you said it isn't clear if you have an Ecommerce site where you are trying to sell your own products or services or if you have advertising on your site and you are trying to earn money from the advertising.

One thing that might be helpful to you, assuming you don't have an adult site or any site that would be against the forum rules, would be to post the site and ask for a site review. 5 Star members could give you some ideas on how you could possibly improve your site, or tell you that it is good just the way it is.

If for some reason you don't want to post your site, you could tell what niche it is in - what the site is about. If you are trying to make money from advertising, knowing that would help our members suggest what type of advertising you should try.

From a post you made a while back, I am under the belief that you are interested in making money from selling advertising. But I could be wrong.

Today you made a post asking what CPA, CPC and CPM are. I gave you the basics on each of those. What your site is about might help determine which of those is most likely going to work best for you. It might even be that a combination of all of them could work.

If you are interested in directly selling advertising on your site, that is a different issue which I won't go into now unless that is what you are interested in.

Since you are just starting, that might not be the best idea. CPA, CPC or CPM would likely be the best choice for you.

With any of these, what generally happens is you place the ad code on your site. The user clicks on it for either CPA or CPC. The advertiser takes it from there if it is CPA and hopefully the right action will be taken to earn you a commission. The user is tracked in order for you to get what you should earn from the appropriate action.

If it is CPC you earn something from the click, provided it is a legitimate click.

For a CPM program you will need a lot of page impression before you earn any reasonable amounts of money.

There are also such things as pop ups and pop unders that I didn't mention. Some publishers as well as some users don't like those.

You would need to apply to a network or affiliate program to participate in CPA. 5 Star members can suggest some from you if you are interested.

You would also need to apply to someone who offers CPM if that is what you are interested in. Members can suggest some of those for you as well.

The same holds true with CPC. Usually with CPC, the first name most people mention is AdSense, which is from Google http://www.google.com/adsense But there are others as well and members can suggest some for you.

It would be easier to give you a better idea if we knew more about your site.

No matter what advertising you decide to use, you are going to need traffic. The more traffic the better chances you have of many good money.

I have given you some basic information and you might receive more information from others.

If you have more questions, or if something wasn't clear, please don't hesitate to ask.

MI
Back