The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Getting Accepted to Affiliate Marketing Programs

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
I have noticed an increase in affiliate program acceptances since filling out all the information in my network user profiles

Here's what I added:
  1. Logo
  2. Cover image
  3. Keywords
  4. Website description (very important)
  5. Countries
  6. Traffic volume
  7. Traffic sources
  8. Telephone number
  9. Social media links
  10. PDF brochure

Great advice. This is a topic frequently discussed.

Most of them want either a phone call or a Skype call as well.

So I normally do it like this
  1. Check profile is up to date
  2. Send program manager intro email with web site address, niche, target location/language, monthly traffic stats and an example product I want to promote and where it will be promoted
  3. Apply to program on network (do this 10 seconds or less after sending email, this makes both come up in the manager's inbox together so they read the intro then see the application notification email and far more likely to accept)
  4. When response is yes, start promoting
  5. Have not had rejection since using this new strategy
  6. But if the response was no, I would send friendly email straight away asking for phone call or skype as @T J Tutor mentioned
It's important to only make relevant program applications
Doubt this process works if you have an sketchy web site or you wrote unprofessional email without business signature

Send program manager intro email with web site address
If you are promoting many different offers in many different verticals, what is your main website about? I know lots of networks require a site for approval, but what should your site be about if you're not only pushing one specific niche? Espeically for an affiliate like myself who focuses on paid traffic as opposed to SEO, blogging, building an authority site around one particular niche, etc?

Thanks!!!

If you are promoting many different offers in many different verticals, what is your main website about? I know lots of networks require a site for approval, but what should your site be about if you're not only pushing one specific niche? Espeically for an affiliate like myself who focuses on paid traffic as opposed to SEO, blogging, building an authority site around one particular niche, etc?

Thanks!!!

Well

Never tried PPC
Never tried not having a site

But I had this product page
Took 15 minutes to create and mark up
Got it top 2 of Google
10k product page visits and 2k affiliate link clicks
2k link clicks @ 24% conversion rate
24% of 2k = 480 x $1.72 commission = $825.60
15 minutes of SEO = $825.60

Try doing that with PPC on a sunny day

Well

Never tried PPC
Never tried not having a site

But I had this product page
Took 15 minutes to create and mark up
Got it top 2 of Google
10k product page visits and 2k affiliate link clicks
2k link clicks @ 24% conversion rate
24% of 2k = 480 x $1.72 commission = $825.60
15 minutes of SEO = $825.60

Try doing that with PPC on a sunny day
Hey! Honey badger i really appreciate the details in your posts and the examples you give they are very inspring. Can you give us some kind of idea of how you got your product page onto the top 2 google result??? Because you say that 15 minutes of SEO = $825.60, so this implies 15 minutes was all it took to get it to the top 2 result. Im just struggling with this idea given how hard its been to even get my niche site to appear on google after several months of waiting, let alone gettinga page to the number 2 spot.

• maybe, because of the nature of 'my niche'?
  • or your traffic volume?
  • or the quality of content?
  • also the key word competition?
    long-tail 3 or 4 words are easier to rank for.

@Honeybadger @Graybeard I appreciate that some long tail keywords might be easier to rank for but im just curious how it would be possible to get to top two on google with a "product page" after '15 minutes of SEO'. Does this imply making a single page website for an obscure long tail keyword , and then leaving it and waiting several months?... Does this imply that the "product page" is part of a larger site which is already ranking (therfor the idea of 15 minutes SEO would not really make sense)? Do the 800 so dollars imply what was made over the total life of the sight or in a month or before the site was demoted in google for some reason? Im not saying i dont believe you but the answer to this kind of question would be very helpful to understand what was going on in this scenario and how we might be people to recreate this kind of success.

Do you have a slow loading blog on a shared server account? 3 strikes against you.

Again, I think he means actual work time. Not the time to rank in the SERPs. <when that happens (not every time --mission accomplished)

My site loads quickly the content is of good quality though its on a hostgator shared server I dont feel this could be the problem.

I guess what im trying to say is that @Honeybadger is saying something that is made more complciated by the fact that a huge part of PPC's advantage is obviously getting visitors to see your site without actually ranking your site. Which at least in my experience (i guess) means MUCH more work than 15 minutes (often years of work for a website). Otherwise why would people work on link building and creating relavent content over long periods of time if getting to number two spot was somehow easy.

Do you have a slow loading blog on a shared server account? 3 strikes against you.

You need fast loading sites that can be crawled to start on 15 minutes SEO (your work time) page ranking can take 10 days to longer.
Does this imply that the "product page" is part of a larger site which is already ranking (therfor the idea of 15 minutes SEO would not really make sense)?
Makes sense to the webmaster with the site that is ranking and crawled and indexed daily.

Again, I think he means actual work time. Not the time to rank in the SERPs. <when that happens (not every time --mission accomplished)

@Allstaraffiliate
SEO isn't difficult, but it can be very boring

All information & instruction is online in plain text
developers.google.com/search

Biggest challenge I have to overcome every day its distraction
All marketers & advertisers are trying to distract you
  • "Sign up for this .."
  • "Click here to get that .."
  • "Accept notifications .."
  • "Install this plug-in .."
  • "Watch this INCREDIBLE video .."
  • "7-day free trial .."
When I research how to perform SEO task (example --> meta title) I will ignore 99.9% of websites
My search is prefix with this --> site:google.com -feedproxy.google.com "meta title"
Filters out everything but official guidelines

My SEO subscription are about 85 channels
Everything else blocked unless I choose it
This is my You Tube homepage (bookmark) --> youtube.com/feed/subscriptions
I control
everything on this page, not You Tube
It's not youtube.com where they feel us all the bullsheet

To answer your question
@Graybeard aced it

Again, I think he means actual work time. Not the time to rank in the SERPs.

15 minutes of work delivered $825.60 (now it's $1000+)
But to get that level of skills maybe took 500 hours

Education is not cheap --fo' sure.
'Honeybadger' has the right attitude --what is good for the customer (site visitor) is good for search --it is. Credit where credit is due
thumbsup.png

I would try some real world people testing of your content on social media, or paid network ads (inexpensive), and study the bounce rates and the visitor session time with G-A. That is what Google looks at mainly ...

MI
Back