The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

FREE Online Photo Editors - Web 2.0

Linda Buquet

affiliate
There are a bunch of cool new Web 2.0 style online image editing programs out there. I've been wanting to post and share a few.

Newbies may find this much easier than PhotoShop or other full blown graphics apps, plus it's FREE.

Ever need a quick easy image edit for your blog? If you just need to grab a pic, crop it and add some text to spark up a post, <a target="_new" href="http://www.wiredness.com/">Wiredness</a> may be just the ticket. I've been researching <strong>online image editors</strong> for awhile now and so far I like this one the best, although there are a ton of other good flash based and/or ajaxy <strong>Web based photo editors</strong> cropping up all the time.

I like <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.wiredness.com/">Wiredness</a></strong> because of the minimalist interface, ease of use and Flickr integration. Unlike most others, it even has the fancy image editing features that it's desktop cousins like Adobe Photoshop have. Special effects include water color, rounded image effect, sepia, sketch, emboss, red eye correction and much more.

Its designed for quick online editing not for pro graphics. It's super and fast to grab an image, crop or enhance, add some text and upload to Flickr for use on your blog. It would also be very handy to have bookmarked "in your head" for when you are traveling and don't have access to your fav graphics program.

There are several other good online image editors I"ve found that have other unique strengths.
I'll add more as I get a chance.

If you guys know of any or find any cool new tools
that specifically relate to image editing - please share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link Linda. I personally believe in Photoshop all the way. There are several great tutorials out there. And believe it or not, the easiest way to find some good tutorials are on Metacafe.

I myself would be posting some tutorials on Metacafe when I have time to do it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us on this forum.

I leave my computer on 24-7 and my apps easily eat all the upload and download capacity that's available.

Although I own Photoshop, my preference is to use GIMP (graphics image manipulation program) an open source image manipulation prog - kinda like photoshop, but free.

I think it wipes the floor clean of any other competitor.

It's available for download at GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program.

Hey Linda,
I guess you haven't heard about Picnik yet, have you? Picnik is an online image editor, even has a Firefox plugin, which allows you to manipulate images before you even download them to your computer. I've only been playing with it for a few weeks now, but I have to admit, it's impressive.

~ Teli

Thanks Andrew, I'd forgotten about GIMP. Downloading now.

Hey Teli, yes I have looked at it - I went on a spree and looked at a bunch
but didn't try them all. A couple were funky or buggy so I stopped trying them all out and just started using a couple that worked OK.

If picnik impresses you then I know it's one I'll like. Cool that it even has a FF plug-in. Off to get it!

Thanks guys!

Oh now that I have picnik I realize it's one I did try.
It's missing the feature I use the most which is adding text.
It also does not have very many creative options.

Hey Linda,
I guess you haven't heard about Picnik yet, have you? Picnik is an online image editor, even has a Firefox plugin, which allows you to manipulate images before you even download them to your computer. I've only been playing with it for a few weeks now, but I have to admit, it's impressive.

~ Teli

picnik was on the digg home page today. I bookmarked it. I currently save all my photos on shutterfly. I like it and it is easy, but the only time I attempted to use its photo editor/fixer to fix some red eyes it did not work correctly (fixed some eyes, but not all).

I like IrfanView -- totally free and does an awful lot of small photo "chores" for me in a snap. I do have PhotoShop and PSP, but this free option is great for quick fixes, cropping, adding text, etc. and then I don't have to fire up the larger software...

Snipshot has been in the news lately as the latest easy and free solution. They also have an api so you can integrate their solution into your site. This is especially nice if you have a social site.

I leave my computer on 24-7 and my apps easily eat all the upload and download capacity that's available.

Although I own Photoshop, my preference is to use GIMP (graphics image manipulation program) an open source image manipulation prog - kinda like photoshop, but free.

I think it wipes the floor clean of any other competitor.

It's available for download at GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program.

I agree - GIMP is my fav too. Photoshop is good, but for some reason I like GIMP. Guess it is because I used to work on UNIX systems long time back and only GIMP was available on it then.

My Pictr

Hi,

None has mentioned about the famous Mypictr Image editor. Go to Mypictr.com and find more guys.A handy free online service from mypictr helps you convert your existing image into a perfect looking profile avatar. My pictr is specially designed to create profile pictures and avatars. So make use of this to create ur profile pics.

Check this one flauntr.com - it is a cool online photo editor that is easy to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Linda,
I personally believe that Photoshop is the mother software in all the way and also thanks for sharing your knowledge. I need some tutorial about various type of brushes effect in Photoshop and there uses.

Thanks

I also believe in Photoshop nevertheless some of the programs are also good. Photoshop has the most functions but it's the most difficult to study.

brandmantra, there are lots of photoshop tutorials on the internet. f.r photoshopstar (one of my favorite). And almost all of them contain information about brushes

Two programs I use

There are two that I use.

resize2mail dot com (resizing images)
roundpic dot com (to make my photos have rounded egdes)

All free and easy to use.

MI
Back