The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Found niche - how to use keywords and domain name?

oregongal

affiliate
Hello,

I have a few questions. Say you find a niche and have done some keyword searches. Would the best goal be to use those words in a domain name? Even if it's awkward sounding - for example "diamond necklaces authentic" might look like a sought after keyword without a lot of competition. But if you search "authentic diamond necklaces" the competition is too steep? Does this make sense?

THe other question has to do about working the keywords into your title and content. Does it matter if you change the order of your words around? Like in the above example - and trying to make more natural sounding sentences.
These may seem like dumb questions, but I'm struggling with picking out a domain name and title for this new niche.

Thanks,
Diane

Hi Diane

Good questions. If you have a good idea for a niche site and you are thinking of a URL to match the content you should make the URL something that is easy to remember for future direct type ins. Using diamondnecklacesauthentic.com is not an easy URL to remember for direct type in traffic unless you are Yoda :)

I would focus your site content around your three keywords diamond, necklaces, authentic so you can rank well in search engines for any combinations of those key words.

Hi Diane

Good questions. If you have a good idea for a niche site and you are thinking of a URL to match the content you should make the URL something that is easy to remember for future direct type ins. Using diamondnecklacesauthentic.com is not an easy URL to remember for direct type in traffic unless you are Yoda :)

I would focus your site content around your three keywords diamond, necklaces, authentic so you can rank well in search engines for any combinations of those key words.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the advice. I'm still kind of confused because keywod research came up with a good search count for the odder sounding combination of words - and not too much competition. Of course, if I type it in with the more natural sounding combination the competition is a lot higher, so would I be wasting my time with this?
Diane

There is no time wasted unless you do not keep track of what you do! I am big fan of testing, tweaking and more testing. If there is a good search count for the odder combination of words - and not too much competition. I would test those keywords via PPC to see if these search keywords are going to be successful (ie bring you sales!!)

Remember there is no right or wrong answer, there is only trial and error.

MI
Back