Five Best Practices for Performance Emails

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Consumers subscribe to an abundance of newsletters and brand awareness notifications, but they read only a fraction of those they receive, the game is to find out why they choose those they do read.

Let's take a look at what can get your emails performing at a much higher level.

1. GET TO THE POINT! Don't dally, don't try to spark interest and assume they already have interest. Think about your own email experiences. Do you peruse the email headings and first paragraph to see if it's worth your time? Of course you do, it's what we all do. So, make the first eyeball of the email get to the point.
  2. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO. Knowing your client is paramount. Sending them anything other than what you know they want is like trying to convince someone to bite a lemon. From your tracking, open rates, and sales, you have enough information to stay on track, within the lines. If you want to add them to additional niche mailings, then you need to find out if they will be a performer before you start sending them additional mailings on other subjects, products, or services.
  3. BECOME A HEADLINE AND FIRST PARAGRAPH MASTER! You must become polished and exceptional with headlines, headers, and such. MailChimp claims that it's inhouse subject line studies have resulted in proving that fifty characters should be your max. Subject lines are an ultimate requirement of the emailer. Without it, you'll end up in the trash bin. This is a portion of the skills you need with copywriting. Take some time now, get busy with building your skill development in this portion of your business. Ignoring it will cost you when it comes to email engagement, click thrus, and conversions.
  4. STAY FOCUSED - It's a known pattern among many marketers to place an abundance of offers in a single email, or sending multiple offers in a single day. DON"T. Stay focused on the job at hand. When your client clicks to read the email, it should be a direct extension of the subject line. When you are focused, you generate that same single vision to the client.
  5. DON'T BE AN INTERFERENCE - Let your clients decide the frequency of your mailings. Just add a checkbox for daily (if you offer it), weekly, or bi-weekly. Getting bombarded with emails from any vendor can be the first thought they have when they see your email come in. They'll subconsciously tell themselves, "cool, an ZYZ email", or "oh no, not another email".

I'm not into email marketing as off now. But you have explained it so well. You are very good at explaining things in a simple way and that's the reason you a tutor. One of the best thread I've came across so far. Bookmarked it for later use. :)

Thanks for such great advice and tips on how I should be able to use emails as a marketing tool. All i have discovered that we do not get the expected results when carrying out email marketing because of the strategies we use. We however end up cursing and saying all negative things about email marketing. I have this point that stood out for me when reading the tips, knowing the person you are talking to. It is a very critical thing when it comes to marketing since it will define as to whether you are going to get the client or not. Thanks a lot buddy.

MI
Back