The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Firefox - Don't say I didn't tell you so

Paul_KY

affiliate
http://www.forbes.com/business/2005...rofit-cx_ld_0803mozilla.html?partner=yahootix

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

Keep lining FF's pockets with FREE advertising, but don't expect them to start writing you checks.

"The subsidiary will have the same goals and the same purpose as the foundation," says Baker. "But as we developed market share, we saw the economic value of having that share."

Let me translate this:

We developed a browswer, which had absolutely no marketshare, so none of the rouge virus/spyware/adware bugs were hitting us, thus making us look more secure, so everyone spread the word for us (yeppers lol, not a dime spent in advertising- thanks, suckers, just like google), and now we're going to cash in (just like google).

Now, who wants to guess how they'll obtain this new, "revenue"?

Very sad,
The guy who owned the domain name firefox.com even gave it to them free, I bet he now wish he sold it to them instead

I think your a sucker if this post comes as a suprise to you. I use Firofox because I need an alternate browser for checking my sites and because it works far better for me when downloading anything online (doesn't hang up like IE does). I never went for it because of all the rumor and bs, seeing them where they are now comes as no suprise.

What will be funny is that this article, and the others soon to come will establish them as a player in the web browser market and some of the attention they gain won't be too favorable, *cough* hax0rz *cough*

Right, but what about all the webmasters putting up links and banners, advertising FF absolutely FREE? Folks did that with Google, too, you know. And look at the arrogant beast, which was created to wreak havok on Pauls' sites, and probably will for years to come. See what you've done!!!!!!!!!!

I use firefox, opera and safari purely for dev testing.
I totally agree that they have used client marketing to distribute their product, is that a bad thing?
Who is the mug? Certainly not the mozilla foundation. They have millions(?) of free adverts on sites that span the globe.
Whilst not ethical, a brilliant business plan!
Fair play

I agree. Word of mouth advertising is the very best. But how does one suppose an internet browser would seek revenue? HINT: UNWANTED ADVERTISEMENTS

JMHO

Paul_KY said:
Right, but what about all the webmasters putting up links and banners, advertising FF absolutely FREE?

I can't speak for those webmasters though I do believe that everyone spammed the net with Firefox dl links due to them all having a false sense of security. I really don't believe that Firefox's popularity comes from anything other than them creating an alternate browser that's been virtually hack free so far. I also think the timing really helped because IE exploits were all over the web so people being lazy by nature just deserted IE and went for the "more secure, less vulnerable" alternative.

banners
Back