The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Feedback on my plan would be appreciated :)

scottkeith75

Hi everyone!

I have been researching SEO, Backlink generation, Website effectiveness, writing strong and helpful content articles (have 15 ready to post), and a variety of different topic before posting this (so, I have been doing my work).

I would be appreciative of any direction that anyone is kind enough to provide. Thanks in advance.

Here is where I am at, what my thoughts are, and my immediate stategy:

* My website is so-so, but I am working on that--and have been for weeks. I have no content on it yet. I understand that Google raises, or drops, ranking based on consistency of posting new content, or lack thereof. Therefore, I am waiting to post 3 article at once, then add one every other day from that point forward. < in attempt to gain ranking in Google. I plan to use a 'keyword density analyser' tool to ensure my KW density is at about 3% on main keywords.

* I am locating, and deciding on the products to advertise (pertinent products) that are offered via ClickBank and Shareasale (I am investigating Amazon AM products as well... any thoughts on Amazon?). I am going to use mainly hyperlinks in my articles to promote my products, but will use a couple small banners as well (any thoughts here? I understand most people are 'banner blind', but I assume banners could be productive w/ the right products)

* Each article that I post on my blog will also be submitted to Ezine and about 15 (or more) other article submission sites. I will submit each posting to multiple bookmarking sites as well. I will post notices on my facebook and twitter accounts. I am very new to FB & Twitter, so I am not sure what good I can do there b/c I don't have any followers or many friends on FB yet.

That is basically where I am at. I can't say I am swimming in confidence at this point, but I am a lot more knowledgeable than I was in the recent past.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Hi Keith,

It seems from your post that you might have missed a couple of steps...

Have you defined who your market is?
Have you ascertained that your market is actively purchasing products online?
Have you done proper keyword research?

I wouldn't want you to miss these fundamentals before making your fingers bleed writing articles...

Hi Keith,

It seems from your post that you might have missed a couple of steps...

Have you defined who your market is?
Have you ascertained that your market is actively purchasing products online?
Have you done proper keyword research?

I wouldn't want you to miss these fundamentals before making your fingers bleed writing articles...

Hi Russell,

Yes Sir, I have done my keyword search, and there is active purchasing in my niche. It is highly competitive, but that is acceptable (and desired) in my opinion. It is just a matter of doing it better than my competition--which will be pretty difficult to accomplish until I better know the virtual marketing portion of this. I gather that others have had to learn via 'hard knocks', as will I. Luckily, I have had you folks (here at 5star) to help me avoid a few of the knocks already.

Thank you for your time in replying Russell. I am very appreciative.

It sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Just start posting those articles on your site.

Since your site is brand new, go ahead and get your articles on there. If you're using wordpress, you can schedule your articles too so that they're getting submitted every other day.

After a while, you can slow down to only do 2-5 articles per month.

The main thing to gettting ranked in the search engines is your backlinks though, and not so much what's on your website. Sure it helps and on page SEO is important, but your backlinks will get you ranked more than anything.

If you're submitting articles to your site then others, make sure they're indexed on your site before you submit them in other places.

Just copy the url and put it into a Google search... if it shows up, then it's indexed.

Also, never use the same article to backlink to itself. Imagine if you were to go to an article directory, read a great article and click on the link at the bottom only to find yourself looking at the same article... not good.

Instead point links back to your main page that you're trying to get ranked.

I have to agree with Victor on this, also it cannot be stressed enough that original content should ALWAYS be posted to your website first and then if you are going to spin it or reuse wait till it is indexed by the Big G first!

My 2c - get your competitors assessed for the respective keywords. Sometimes you don't need the "perfect" onpage SEO from day one, but you must know where you stand and get a clear view on their backlinks footprint.

Hi Keith,

Sure I am helping to pitch in with a few answers.

* My website is so-so, but I am working on that--and have been for weeks. I have no content on it yet. I understand that Google raises, or drops, ranking based on consistency of posting new content, or lack thereof. Therefore, I am waiting to post 3 article at once, then add one every other day from that point forward. < in attempt to gain ranking in Google. I plan to use a 'keyword density analyser' tool to ensure my KW density is at about 3% on main keywords.

I agree with Victor's comments on backlinking. You mention that "Google raises, or drops, ranking based on consistency of posting new content, or lack thereof." This is true to a point. Google loves well researched well written content. They also appreciate fresh content. This is what is called on-page optimization and it really only counts for a small portion of what Google is looking at to determine rankings.

The cornerstone of the Google algorithm are the backlinks out on the Internet that are linking to your site's pages. Google is going to determine where your pages rank in their index not so much by analyzing your pages, but rather by analyzing the other pages out on the Internet that are linking to your pages.

You will want to really keep in mind that Google does not rank websites, but rather they rank web-pages. Every page on your site will receive it's own ranking and that ranking is determined by the quality of the backlinks linking to that particular page.

I would recommend focusing on building pages, not websites. You only need a few well designed pages on your site to feature or review a product. Then you need to build backlinks to those pages to get the rankings in the search engines that bring the traffic.

* I am locating, and deciding on the products to advertise (pertinent products) that are offered via ClickBank and Shareasale (I am investigating Amazon AM products as well... any thoughts on Amazon?). I am going to use mainly hyperlinks in my articles to promote my products, but will use a couple small banners as well (any thoughts here? I understand most people are 'banner blind', but I assume banners could be productive w/ the right products)

I would recommend finding three products that are known best sellers from within a common family of products. It could be as an example and recumbent bike, treadmill and an elliptical trainer. I would find the best one for each. I would gather up the research, testimonials and information on where to find the products into a page.

I would then outsource the professional writing of a legitimate review for each product. I would have them include quotes, all the things they like about the products, plus the negatives and some testimonials and photos.

These three reviews would then be the pages I would be building the backlinks to. No backlinks, no traffic and no traffic equals no revenue.

* Each article that I post on my blog will also be submitted to Ezine and about 15 (or more) other article submission sites. I will submit each posting to multiple bookmarking sites as well. I will post notices on my facebook and twitter accounts. I am very new to FB & Twitter, so I am not sure what good I can do there b/c I don't have any followers or many friends on FB yet.

This would be a very bad idea. The strategy known as article marketing is going the way of the Dodo Bird. Matt Cutts who is in charge of SPAM said it best in his 2-minute video when he answered the question "Do You Recommend Article Marketing As An SEO Strategy?". Duplicate content and too many duplicate links is a very bad idea.

There are so many reasons you want to stay away from article marketing I barely know where to begin other than if everybody is doing it ...I would recommend doing the opposite.

If you are going to distribute your site's articles to other sites I would recommend offering them to one or two other credible websites. The problem you will have though is the ones that understand won't take them because they are already published on another website, yours, and they'll rightly look at this as duplicate content and will decline.

It is well know Google does not like duplicate content especially from the article directories.

banners
Back