The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Facebook: When will I ever want to use CPM over CPC

C

calypso

I am going to be marketing to a specific group. However i just watched a training video on this on it he puts out that he feels like doing CPM over CPC to an external link but doesnt explain why?

for what reasons would i ever want to choose either over the other?

CPM can be better if you have a high CTR.

Let's say you are paying .10 cents for both CPC and CPM. If your CTR is below .1% then CPC would be better; furthermore, if your CTR was above .1% then it's actually smarter to bid CPM.

That being said, I'm not so sure Facebook's CPM is the same quality as their CPC.

I've read a few thing that state, you get higher quality through impressions because 1) its one of their companies revenue models and 2) paying per impression generates higher company income therefor they give you to the quality. Wherein CPC they still have to show your ad veen if you didnt pay for CPM, thereby losing income. If you think about it, if you have a custom audience, they could blast your CPC AD too the members with the least amount of activity within a group. With a CPM model they could blast you to members with higher group activity. Therefor a higher chance of ROI; for giving them your money.

CPM vs CPC: Which Should You Use For Facebook Ads? - AllFacebook

Last edited by a moderator:
It's relative, but most of the times CPC will be better for CPA.

If you have a pretty high CTR CPM may look iike a much cheaper alternative. However, when you switch from CPC to CPM Facebook will increase your frequency cap (the number of times that the same person can see your ad in the same day) significantly and it will bring your CTR down.

After seeing the CTR using CPM you can then make a decision and determine which option is cheaper.

banners
Back