The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Facebook and Twitter: Are you using them?

Ron that is a good question.

I also wonder how many people are creating a facebook page for their websites.

It seems that all the big names are creating "business facebook pages" like walmart, pepsi and so on.

If you have created a facebook page for your website, have you seen an increase in traffic from it?

All of my websites have Facebook Fanpages, and unlike Myspace, its harder to acquire people or members. It works wonders for branded products,an easier way connect to avid customers....

I receive traffic from facebook but just very little...I guess I will have to work on targeting the local market

For me facebook and twitter can help a lot in generating traffic, not only the two but there are many social network sites that can help in driving traffic.

Many people make lots on FB however the CPCs are high now as the competition has grown massively. If you know how to use FB the traffic it is capable of generating is massive.

As a Merchant, having FB and Twitter is a great way to communicate with my affiliates and also to promote the program to new affiliates. Showing them that we are connected in every way possible gives them confidence that they can reach me and that I am a real person.

YOU NEED FACEBOOK AND TWITTER! You wont be successful without them! Not only do they give you backlinks with HUGE AMOUNT OF TRAFFIC!! It helps people know whats going on with your site! Social network IS SO IMPORTANT!!!

neversleep, can you go into detail about how you market on facebook? I saw one program that showed his way of marketing which included just randomly requesting friends and then asking them to like you on fb (i'm sure I'm leaving out alot) but it seemed like an amazing amount of work. I work fulltime and need to really zone in when I do get home as I only have an hour or two to get my marketing done. being an affiliate marketer is certainly time consuming.

I received alot of traffic using twitter, but it didn't really convert. I am exploring sending paid fb advertising prospects to a fan page w/ affiliate offers.

I use twitter and facebook linked to my website, as yet it hasn't had much added traffic for my site. Hopefully in time they may make a difference.

Doesn't it take alot of time to build the traffic from fb and twitter? I'm still not getting it I guess. I was told of one way to market on fb but it seemed like I would be forever on fb accepting and inviting friends and liking others pages etc. I twitter a little but so far haven't gotten any traffic. What is the secret?

I use Facebook almost everyday, I find it essential for me as I need to communicate with others far away from me. Secondly I sometimes use it for traffic but thats quite rare.

I use Twitter and Facebook for automated marketing.
It is not spam. I get around 40 followers on day / account. All automated.
It's not spam if people are interested in what you are telling them ;)

I have been using twitter from my blogs and find that I am getting followers. I keep fb on a personal level though so I don't advertise internet marketing on my fb page.

The social networking sites for promotion are useful but I do not see them as absolutely necessary.

Yesterday i found a Twitter page of one of my favorite comedians, so now i likw Twitter a little more but still not connected with it very much) but i decided to try to work serious with it, hope to see results soon.

Greetings,

I know there is a lot of talk a bout Facebook and Twitter Marketing.

To be honest, I just don't have a desire to use neither one for marketing. When I say marketing, I am not talking about using spam tools.

Is it a must to use FB and Twitter?

I say use them both. I have had great success using them but you have to know how and you have to know what the people want.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Doesn't it take alot of time to build the traffic from fb and twitter? I'm still not getting it I guess. I was told of one way to market on fb but it seemed like I would be forever on fb accepting and inviting friends and liking others pages etc. I twitter a little but so far haven't gotten any traffic. What is the secret?

It depends on what you are promoting. On facebook I have over 20,000 followers and around 15,000 on my twitter pages. Only took me a few months. And I didn't use any software or friend adder. Just promotion.
If you offer something cool to your readers they will follow.

banners
Back