The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Facebook and Twitter: Are you using them?

Ron Hitson

affiliate
Greetings,

I know there is a lot of talk a bout Facebook and Twitter Marketing.

To be honest, I just don't have a desire to use neither one for marketing. When I say marketing, I am not talking about using spam tools.

Is it a must to use FB and Twitter?

It kind of depends on your niche, but no, it's not absolutely necessary. I did just fine before I started using them. Even now, I don't rely on them for much traffic. I have them more because you're almost expected to nowadays than because I'm convinced I can't market effectively without them.

I find Facebook helpful as a networking tool and as a way to build relationships with people that you don't get to see on an regular basis. I have met quite a few people I presently do business with that way. On the other side of that I do not care people that all they do is post their "new offers" or what ever they are hot on today all over FB. I tend to quickly unfriend those folks. As for Twitter personally I don't use it (or get it).

Personally, I think it is a necessity to use them. The amount of traffic you get compared to other sites is great. And with a quick download you can post on 30 websites in one click...why not include the best social networking websites..

It is the fact that without these networks is not possible to create a strong community, as nowadays half of the people in internet regularly using Facebook is that what I believe.

I am using Twitter with some success, the backlinks seem to be near instantly indexed and I highly recommend it, even for just the fast indexing. Facebook I haven't had great success on my gaming site yet with.

social network sites such as twitter and facebook generate more traffic which we needed for our marketing sites. Specially for starters in Affiliate Marketing, it is one of the best options to generate traffic for your sites.

I agree they do generate traffic, however its really hard to generate targeted traffic with twitter..Im having a hard time figuring out which websites are not worth my time at all to post on and which are.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I usually put content on article base, ezine, prlog, article alley..But I feel like its not enough. Whats frustrating is that I get 700 views or 200..whatever the case but not much success with people actually going to the site.

You can be successful without Twitter and Facebook, it's by means a necessity. Youtube can make for an excellent social network alternative but again this isn't necessary either, just helpful.

No. It is not necessary. It?s up to your free time. I use them for upload my memorable pictures/images. (I am using Facebook).
You can be successful without Twitter and Facebook.

Facebook and twitter are necessary right now depending on your business. If you are marketing to the general internet population, then you need to have the means for your market to search you, check out this article about it here:

Job Recruiting Moves from the Campus to the Internet | WebitMD Blog

If you want to have an online profile, facebook and twitter is necessary, but if you are, for example, a high end Law firm that works off referrals, then you do not need to waste your time.

Additionally, don't put too much emphasis on it because it tends to make people lose site of the objective, which is sales, not building your facebook fan base. :)

From my point of view nowadays it is necessary to use both of them. They are excellent branding tools as well as traffic generators. As some people said before it is easier to target traffic with FB but I think Twitter can help building awareness of your brand and promoting your content. It is true that when starting from scratch it is quite a time consuming activity as you need to follow users that usually tweet updates within your niche and interact with them and at the same time tweet your own updates filled with useful information. However I think it is worth due to the amount of people you can actually reach.

It all depends on how you use these site, it's not all about promote Promote PROMOTE! you have to build a relationship with the people that are following you give helpful valued advise and you will become someone who can be trusted and an Authority figure within your niche.

The difference between Facebook and Twitter now is that Not many people actually go on twitter now, it's all done through feeds that no one see's, because they aren't there.

Facebook, is a good tool to use it has over 500,000 members it is being used by large corparate companies like Ford & Toyota who direct traffic Not to their websites But to their Facebook Fan Pages I believe that someday SEO will be dead and all marketing will be done on Sites like Facebook, even Scribd are heading that way with free downloads etc.

Facebook and Twitter is really to build a network of people who trust you for a certain kind of information whether it be "work at home" or "who likes to bake cake?"--- this takes time and it does not necessarily mean immediate traffic. I can say that working on building a good status with either one of these networks including myspace is the last thing on my list. But I made sure I created a profile so its available to my visitors who would like updated information on new upcoming products. That's all.

I use both. I personally think Facebook is much better for marketing your products/services and such. I like to add people with the same interests and go from there. It is working wonders for me :)

It's not necessary to use either but both can be helpful because of the huge amount of traffic both receive. I guess it depends on how much of a following (friends) you have (with Facebook) and how you plan to use it (i.e., not in your face advertising tool) With Twitter you can build a huge following but most results in untargeted traffic which is useless in my book. If you've got the time, and it will take some of your time, I'd say go for it.

banners
Back