The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Facebook Ads+Clickbank Question

Ofert Mobiles

affiliate
Hello!!
The most important thing to success with affiliate marketing is tracking, and I have a problem with that.
Im doing fb ads right now but I don't know how to track conversions.
As Im doing a traffic campaign and not a conversion campaign I don't know which adset is generating me conversions(creating one landing for each adset is not an option).
So, every adset is going to be tracked with the "tid" that is in the lander but, can I add a parameter in the facebook ad?
I mean, I try to do mylandingpage.com/?tid=test, then, in my lander there is a button that goes to the aff page, without tid. The tid that I added to the lander URL is not passed to clicbank....
Is there any way to do this? (avoiding google analytics)
It would be great If i could add a parameter to each adset...
Thanks in advance!

Without having details about how you are tracking and what exactly you are expecting to track its a very hard topic to give you an answer on. In general when you do tracking its to see how well a campaign is performing, not tracking of individual user clicks.

With the limited information from your post I only really see a couple options. One would be a custom landing page specific to your ad campaigns. So for example facebook ad clicks lands on a page just for users of facebook. You could then add your clickbank tracking urls specific to that landing page.. ie ?tid=fb

If you have coding experience this is a lot easier cause then you could set your facebook ad to something like your_landing_page.php?ad=fb, then with php pass $_GET['ad'] to ?tid of your clickank url.

A working solution for what I think you are asking would be something like this:

-- your landing_page.php --
Code:
<?php
  if (isset($_GET['ad'])) {
    $tid = strip_tags($_GET['ad']);
  } else {
    $tid = 'unknown';
  }
?>
  //html goes here
  <a href="clickbank.link?tid=<?php echo $tid; ?>">Whatever product</a>

Then you when you create an ad it would be to landing_page.php?ad=fb or landing_page.php?ad=google or landing_page.php?ad=twitter... etc etc etc

This would then show in your clickbank backoffice.

Hopefully this helped in some way.

Without having details about how you are tracking and what exactly you are expecting to track its a very hard topic to give you an answer on. In general when you do tracking its to see how well a campaign is performing, not tracking of individual user clicks.

With the limited information from your post I only really see a couple options. One would be a custom landing page specific to your ad campaigns. So for example facebook ad clicks lands on a page just for users of facebook. You could then add your clickbank tracking urls specific to that landing page.. ie ?tid=fb

If you have coding experience this is a lot easier cause then you could set your facebook ad to something like your_landing_page.php?ad=fb, then with php pass $_GET['ad'] to ?tid of your clickank url.

A working solution for what I think you are asking would be something like this:

-- your landing_page.php --
Code:
<?php
  if (isset($_GET['ad'])) {
    $tid = strip_tags($_GET['ad']);
  } else {
    $tid = 'unknown';
  }
?>
  //html goes here
  <a href="clickbank.link?tid=<?php echo $tid; ?>">Whatever product</a>

Then you when you create an ad it would be to landing_page.php?ad=fb or landing_page.php?ad=google or landing_page.php?ad=twitter... etc etc etc

This would then show in your clickbank backoffice.

Hopefully this helped in some way.

Wow! Thanks for the quick response Bruce.
So, i want clickbank to track each facebook adsets.
Imagine I have 2 adsets. Someone from adset 1 clicks the ad and buy the product, I want clickbank to show the tid: "adset 1" for example.
I have just ONE landing page, but different adsets that go to that landing, so I don't really know from which adset the conversion was made because the URL in the button of the lander is the same.
So, I was hoping that if I add the tid to my lander URL (imagine my lander is landingpageexample.com/lander), the final URL from facebook to the lander would be landingpageexample.com/lander/?tid=adset1 for adset 1 or landingpageexample.com/lander/?tid=adset2 for adset two.
With those URLS the user goes to the lander. In that lander there is a button that goes to the VSL of the vendor(to clickbank). Of course, the hyperlink in that button is the affiliate URL without any tid (because I added it to the landing page URL).
The problem is that even though I added the tid to the lander's URL it's not tracker correctly and clickbank thinks that is has no tid so it shows nothing...

I will check the code you sent me. Hope you understand my problem better now.
Regards!

landingpage.php?bid=123ert
PHP:
<?php

$ad_id  = $_GET['bid'];
        $tid = preg_replace('/[^a-zA-Z0-9]/', ' ', $ad_id);

I always clean any user input to what I allow in my code. (Above regex only allows an alpha-numeric value).
bid= is good because it will not be blocked by ad blockers ;)

Basic code as above ;)

So, does it work also for every single ad I create? I have also one landing.

When my domain is mydomain.com, can I just attach ?ad=fbset1 and paste the code into the body of the landing you sent, please?

Or it works only for .php links? But how can I change mydomain.com into .php? :(

Most servers have PHP enabled by default...

ok i opened the file in browser as you said, and there is:

"//html goes here Whatever product"

The link in Watever product is: mydomain.com/clickbank.link?tid=unknown

So, I am not sure if I set it correctly please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: FB blocked my account with no reason today:( It works for all of you guys, but I dont understand why I am getting blocked when promoting Clickbank:(

Last edited:
Most servers have PHP enabled by default
make this file in ASCII (notepad-an ASCII text editor)
FTP the file into the Document/domain root of the webserver (where index.html is //example.com/index.html) then open it in a browser

//example.com/t.php
--if it works you have PHP enabled on the server (Start with this)
PHP:
//t.php
//test php availability
<?php
echo "Does my server have PHP enabled? YES!";
?>

banners
Back