The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

EUK Host, any good?

redsy

affiliate
I am looking at changing hosts as partick internet who am with do not support pingbacks or trackbacks on their shared hosting package.

Has anyone got any comments on EUK Host? eukhost dot com/

The shared hosting package looks pretty good, and the support seems good.

Would appreciate comments on them or recommendations of good, cheap uk hosting which supports this wp feature.

Patrick internet have been great and really cheap solution, wouldn't be changing if they let this feature work.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're fairly big and have been around for quite some time now.

I've not seen much in the way of reviews though to be honest, but then again, it could be a good thing.

I use eukhost. On the whole i've been impressed with them.
They have 24x7 support using Live Help or free phone number in the UK.
I'm on their shared service, think it's a bronze package or something.
Reliable, cheap, and most of all polite free assistance whenever I needed it.
Not sure about the features you want though, pingbacks or trackbacks, cos I never used these.
Hope that helps.

Thanks widgetuk. Will have to check it out to make sure they have features otherwise pointless exercise for me as only reason am changing.

What is it like changing hosts? never done it before, is there much down time?

Do you simply get new account details and ftp files accross and your live??

I'm afraid I've never actually changed either. Just have accounts with two or three, and eukhost for me, are the best.

Good luck.

Thanks widgetuk. Will have to check it out to make sure they have features otherwise pointless exercise for me as only reason am changing.

What is it like changing hosts? never done it before, is there much down time?

Do you simply get new account details and ftp files accross and your live??

Wouldn't touch them.. they outsource their support to India. Servers are in Maidenhead / Blue square. One connection into the building. Also check out their forums, you will see their uptime is below 99.95%.

Wouldn't touch them.. they outsource their support to India. Servers are in Maidenhead / Blue square. One connection into the building. Also check out their forums, you will see their uptime is below 99.95%.

Above 99.95% would be hard to achieve. Is there phone support in India?
Who do you recommend?

99.95% is easy to achieve. That's over 20 minutes of downtime per month. Its not that hard to keep it above 99.99% if you have decent hardware and a solid network.

I'm guessing he'd recommend his own company...

99.95% is easy to achieve. That's over 20 minutes of downtime per month. Its not that hard to keep it above 99.99% if you have decent hardware and a solid network.

I'm guessing he'd recommend his own company...

:D Thanks never spotted that. Didn't think of it as 20 mins per month, your right. Who do you recommend?

I'm also a hosting provider so will be a little biased :)

Your best bet would be to shortlist a few providers then Google for reviews.

Hmmn I never realised their downtime wasn't great. I've not experienced too many problems to be honest. Whilst their support maybe in India, it's generally very good. Whenever I've needed help, I have to wait no more than 30seconds to get a live chat response, and 90% of the time I get the help I wanted and needed. For the money, I think they're good... but then I've not investigated other providers for at least 12 months, so maybe other hosting providers are now offering such cheap services with 24 x 7 free online help?

Would not touch it .. they outsource their support to India. The servers are in Maidenhead / blue square. A connection in the building. Also check out their forums, you can find your uptime is less than 99.95%.

banners
Back