The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Email Marketing Streams

hkisting

affiliate
Hi Everyone,
Excuse the subject title, but that's the best way I can think of describing this.
I've got a question for the more experienced guys (and gals) out there...

During list building, you'll obviously and most definitely get signups from different streams/campaigns/sources as you promote different offers and set up landing pages.
Say.. deals & sweepstakes, digital marketing, making money online, SEO, PPC, beauty products etc...

Do you keep separate email lists to communicate with these audiences separately and pitch separate offers relating to just that niche or do you keep a general list and pitch various offers from time to time that encompasses all those niches?

That's one detail that I've not been able to get an answer for.

How do you guys do it?

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't think you can a definitive answer to your question.
It all depends on the original marketing promise of your lead generation landings.

If it was 'Put your email to learn how to make money at home', sending 'Adult Casual dating' offers may bring you a lot of future troubles on you delivery rate (higher complains rate - low open rate/ctr)
If it was 'Put your email to enlarge your ***' then why not trying 'Adult Dating' on this segment.

In general I would say : keep your promises and avoid being lazy.

Hi,
I don't think you can a definitive answer to your question.
It all depends on the original marketing promise of your lead generation landings.

If it was 'Put your email to learn how to make money at home', sending 'Adult Casual dating' offers may bring you a lot of future troubles on you delivery rate (higher complains rate - low open rate/ctr)
If it was 'Put your email to enlarge your ***' then why not trying 'Adult Dating' on this segment.

In general I would say : keep your promises and avoid being lazy.
Thanks.

Yes, it would seem only logical and ethical to keep separate email lists for your various niches, which is why I'm perplexed as to why experienced marketers encourage people to try different niches and setup landing pages to build "AN" email list and pitch to that "LIST" (not "those lists").

I've heard about keeping separate email lists, but not in the context of addressing the various niche groups that you've signed up.

I think it would just be easier to start out with 1/2 niches and stick to that, else you'd ruin your reputation, wear yourself down and neglect your list. Sweepstakes/deals, mobile gaming, CBD oil/anti-aging products/supplements etc.. all in separate lists

-Thanks bud!

Absolutely segment your list dependant on niche, it's no good promoting beauty products to someone who signed up through a make money online offer, thats an unsubscribe right there.
Once you have segmented into niches, I would again segment further, buyers and freebeis seekers, you might find some people open your emails but never click through. others will open and click through but never buy, some will never open and need to be deleted.
For what it's worth I beleive each of these sub groups can and should be monitized differently.

Also, if you research email open rates in different niches you'll probably find you need a pretty big list in each niche to get any sort of return on the cost of each subscriber. If you have a list of 1000 subs and each sub cost you 10c but your campaign open rate is @ 4% you'll need to find an offer that's going to cover that cost.

Let me also add this is only stuff I have learnt through research, it's not based experience.

Last edited:
Well i think segmentation its the way because lets say you get someone that you get it throught a sweeptake ,freebie etc .Then if you send him an email with an affiliate offer it will not be interested ,lets supose you geta lead in email marketing and you send him an offer with a coupon ,of course it will unsubscribe as its not intersted in coupons

MI
Back