The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Email campaign laws

Gregory Heaphy

affiliate
Hello,

I have read that it is not illegal to email people you don’t as long as the emails are not marketing or advertising emails. I’m not sure what the full legal definition of a marketing/advertising email is but from what I can gather it’s an email that is promoting a product or service that is for sale.

If the above is true does that mean that orchestrating an email campaign that shares an original piece of prose or an original piece of music to non opted in recipients is legal? As long as the content is free? As along as I’m not trying to advertise a product or service for profit?

If this is not legal is it fair to say that sharing free intellectual property of any type via email to an unknown recipients is illegal?

Unsolicited email is considered Spam.
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
  • B2B unsolicited is spam but it's tolerated by many --especially if it is on topic to what you are doing.
  • B2C IS SPAM when unsolicited (no opt-in).
  • Nigerian Prince emails may seem C2C but they are unsolicited Spam.

Every country has their own regulations regarding email.

The smart thing to do is only send emails to people when you have their permission. It is the only smart and safe way to do it.

Here is a shortlist on WIKI for the various links to each countries regulations. I have not read them all as it would take a week and a load of lawyers to work with each of their respective regulations. How to avoid the need to read them all is to only email those you have permission to email. SIMPLE!

1. Ensure you have permission to email the people on your list
2. Don’t use misleading header information
3. Identify your email as an advertisement
4. Include your address
5. Include a way to opt-out of receiving future emails from you
6. Honor opt-out requests promptly

banners
Back