The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Earning a living from CPA marketing

@Rvfamily the main issue is the traffic you get from 7search. Very few affiliates stick to 7search after the initial learning stage because of lower quality traffic, but 7search is very good for learning purpose.

I really suggest to get to mobile. You've learned a lot, you know the basics, now mobile is the next step. On top networks the traffic quality is good an you'll have data(conversions) to work with and optimize.

It's a big step, but that's the one you need to take to advance and get into serious business.

@crysper,

I appreciate your feedback. Perhaps it's a negative quality sometimes, but I just don't know when to quit. I had read that one of the key things you need to do to be successful is to pick a traffic source and master it. I have been trying to operate under that model. Perhaps I could have picked a better traffic source! I will be making a change soon. I'm just not sure I know enough to move into the mobile space. Do you think I would be better served to make a move to mobile or to move to a higher quality traffic source like Bing/Adwords, or some other high quality traffic source with a RTB platform? As always, I sincerely appreciate your time in reading and commenting here.

As always,
Here's to your success!

The advice to pick a traffic source and master it's very good, but you need to think about which is worth mastering more. Is it worth to put my time in 7search? Would this help me reach my goals? Would this be my main traffic source in the future? Judging by how other successful affiliates started and their advice, you could see that 7search is not the best option, more than for learning the basics. Personally I wouldn't invest time in something I'm sure I won't be using in the future.

In mobile you have tons of quality traffic, it's hot and trending, it won't die in the future....and everything you'll learn in mobile space will be extremely valuable in the future. With 7search you are stuck...like in a dead-end job at a corporation where you know is so hard to advance that you don't even want to work anymore. It's hard to keep the motivation going after the initial novelty....mobile will give you enough options to grow.

Look after @cashmoneyaffiliate , he's good at mobile, check his guides and threads.

@crysper,

Sound advice for sure. OK, I have a little money left in 7S that I will run a few more campaigns in, but the focus of this thread going forward will be moving into the mobile space. Perhaps I can show that if I can do it, anyone can do it! :)

Tied to my fault of not knowing when to quit is the fact that I can be rather dogmatic in my approach to things. Hey, if we're honest, we all know where our faults are.

As always,
Here's to your success!

@Rvfamily I'm following this thread for quite some time. You are putting your heart and soul into your campaigns without much reward. As @crysper said you need to move on to other high quality traffic source.

I'm pretty sure you're going to succeed in CPA Marketing. All the very best :)

@Rvfamily I'm following this thread for quite some time. You are putting your heart and soul into your campaigns without much reward. As @crysper said you need to move on to other high quality traffic source.

I'm pretty sure you're going to succeed in CPA Marketing. All the very best :)

@Judecd23,

I appreciate your following along in my journey. Much appreciated. I understand that in business, you sometimes go a while before you turn a profit. I cannot help but admit that it is a little bit of a struggle sometimes (hey I'm human! :)), but I know that if you persist past the point that others quit, you will succeed. Best of luck to you in your journey as well.

As always,
Here's to your success!

@crysper,

Sound advice for sure. OK, I have a little money left in 7S that I will run a few more campaigns in, but the focus of this thread going forward will be moving into the mobile space. Perhaps I can show that if I can do it, anyone can do it! :)

Tied to my fault of not knowing when to quit is the fact that I can be rather dogmatic in my approach to things. Hey, if we're honest, we all know where our faults are.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Everybody has the issue of not being sure of when to stop when first starting out, so it's normal.

I think you will like mobile. I've not done a lot of it but I love how fast-paced it is.

OK guys and gals, could you please provide for me some direction for the first mobile ad network? What is a good one for people entering into the mobile space?

As always,
Here's to your success!

I have taken a little time to read and try to get more familiarity with the mobile side of things. I have been reading Cashmoney's blog, but was wondering if anyone else had some recommendations for information and research. I am not afraid to spend a little (although the cost of mobile immersion seemed a little high for me) for information that helps me to shorten the learning curve and accelerate results. Any guidance and direction is greatly appreciated (blogs, programs, etc.).

Welcome to 2016! May it be the year of great things for you in your business. As stated in a post above, the focus going forward of this follow along will be mobile, as that is the direction of things to come. If you get good at it, you'll be in the peak of things, rather than on the backside of a trend. I've done this before selling trendy jewelry in a mall before, with terrible results! But that is a story for another time :)

As always,
Here's to your success!

OK. Been absent for a little while. Some personal things. I'm ready to kick off 2016! How about you? I have a lot to share, but I'll try to be brief. Ready? Let's Do This.

So, I've signed up with two advertisers. Go2mobi.com and mobicow.com. I am going to fund each one to about $200 just to get started (been doing some driving for Uber to get additional funds for my ad campaigns- whatever it takes, right). I have not done any banner ads yet, but think this is the direction I'll move in. Been watching some videos on how to create your own banners with pixlr, and think I'll have the hang of it in a few tries.

I am seriously considering moving my VPS to another company. The page speed for my landers is pretty poor (not quite sure if that's because I'm doing it through WP or not). I am thinking that I may go for bootstrap landers, like LukePeerFly talks about in a post I've mentioned before.

I'm going to focus on low payout SOI or DOI offers in 2nd and 3rd tier geos, to get started (If you saw my posts about testing the offer for TripHobo, you'll understand why). The reason for this is quite simply, I can get more bang for the buck in these geos, while I test and get the hang of how mobile works. Lesson learned from aforementioned Triphobo campaigns. Until my ad budget is bigger, you'll see me focus on lower payout offers, as they allow the collection of a lot more data from the same dollar spend. I am also reading everything I can about media buys, as they allow you to have a lower CPC, so long as your CTR is high. If you can get your Click Through Rate% high enough, it seems like you can get your CPC much lower than you'd pay outright on a RTB platform (please correct me if I am wrong on this).

In addition, I will be doing a little testing on the FB platform, using landing pages and splitting the testing between desktop and mobile. I am thinking that I'll probably go for small payout survey or gaming leadgen offers here.

My thinking is that I'll test each of these ad platforms, and once I have had a chance to use them and drive some traffic with them, I'll focus in on one and work with my acct manager to get really good with that traffic source before moving on.

I've been working to get set up with a couple more cpa networks, so that I have a broad base of offers to work with to get started. The two networks I am hoping to add are Neverblue and Clickdealer. I'll let you know how that goes.

I have been investing almost every free minute into my self education. I have been reading blogs, forums and courses to gain a broader base of skills. I trust that you are investing in your self education. ;) Give up the TV and all of the other time wasters and get focused on creating your dream lifestyle.

If you've been following along for a while, you know that I have been working on a blog. I hope to have it set up with some expanded information on case studies you've read about here, as well as some great articles similar to the two guides I have posted in the Dojo. Like my YouTube channel mentioned below, it will deal with several aspects of creating a lifestyle as a digital nomad. From places to work and play around globe, to dealing with the mental side of success, to the methodologies you can use to create your "freedom income." I would love it if you'd give it a gander when I post the link in the coming weeks.

Finally, I have set up a YouTube channel (I had posted a video a little while back in this follow along). The channel will focus on the two sides of creating a successful online business. Personal development and income generation. The first five videos are up here, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I was unable to attend ASW16 for some personal reasons, but look forward to connecting with you here in this forum and at future events to come. Now, let's go make it happen.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Casey, I absolutely love your enthusiasm and drive. Also, your YT channel, will be subscribing. :)

Ya know, when you hit it big, we'll be able to say we knew you when, lol.

Casey, I absolutely love your enthusiasm and drive. Also, your YT channel, will be subscribing. :)

Ya know, when you hit it big, we'll be able to say we knew you when, lol.

@PharaohDev, Thanks for following along and taking the time to read and comment. I'm really looking forward to moving on to some new traffic sources, to see what progress I can make. I'll keep writing, if you'll keep reading ;)

@azgold, I know I've said it before, but I really appreciate your support and help over the last several months. I'm ready to, once again, focus my attention on creating a CPA business model. Hopefully along the way, I can share information that helps others follow the path if they choose.

Thanks again.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Quick question for anyone following along with some experience. Do you ever use the creatives (banners) that are provided by the networks, if it's not required? I'm just thinking about banner blindness. If you are using the same creatives as everyone else promoting that offer, is this an issue? Thanks for any guidance and direction.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Quick question for anyone following along with some experience. Do you ever use the creatives (banners) that are provided by the networks, if it's not required? I'm just thinking about banner blindness. If you are using the same creatives as everyone else promoting that offer, is this an issue? Thanks for any guidance and direction.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Yeah, banner blindness can be a real problem. Think it became so in the days of the link and banner farms.

I'm sure others with more experience will likely pop in here but as for me, I do both - I use supplied and some I make. I also will (if allowed) change the supplied creatives. I'll cover the company name with a CTA button, change the effects to b & w, sepia, whatever seems appropriate; add a frame. I'll have 3 - 6 variations to test.

By the way, our dear friend @crysper has provided a tool in the AffKit section of The Dojo that can give you a ton of variations on the same banner.

Initial money deposited with Mobicow and Go2Mobi, with accounts set up and ready to go. Been watching some videos on how to create mobile banners, and feel like I've got a good feel for it. Been looking at the networks for Tier 2 or 3 countries to run my first campaigns on. So my criteria for an offer are as follows:

1. Tier 2 or 3 country. Basically, this would be any country other than- US, UK, NZ, AU and CA which are all T1
  2. An offer at $1 or less. If it's just over that's ok, but I'm looking at say $0.40 to $0.90 payout. Easier and less costly to test offers in this price range.
  3. I want something that is already converting well in the network. For my first experiences, I don't want to "try out" offers that are not already proven.
Had a little trouble here. My initial thoughts were to focus on India. Very large population, fast growing economy and although English is not the primary language, it's the official and educational language. Having a little trouble with offers. Peerfly seems to have the most offers for India, but so many don't seem to have any data (meaning no one of significance is running these campaigns).

So I am taking a chart, and looking at countries that have english and the primary language or as the official language. I am then going to Odigger.com and Offervault.com to do some searching for offers, but it's just a work in process. As you can see, the largest country (population) is India, then the next largest country with an english speaking population is Nigeria, then Pakistan, the Phillippines, etc. It's a work in progress. One of my resolutions for the new year (when it comes to CPA) is to be better at offer selection. More research on the front end means less money spent on the back end on non converting campaigns.

A simple strategy that I have become exposed to, is to find a good converting offer on a traffic source and run it almost exactly like a current campaign. This means you already know it's working and you should get some conversions right away. Immediately start split testing variations that will allow you to differentiate your creatives from others.

I know some might find this questionable, but to me it made sense. I am simply cutting down the likelihood that I will start a bad campaign. If I can get some conversions right away, this gives me a little momentum to make the changes and split test variants that give me a chance to find a big winner.

Let me be clear, I don't think we should just swipe someone else's campaigns and run them as is, until they die out. This is simply stealing the work of others and being lazy. However, if I find a converting campaign, and I run the same creatives up front, on the same traffic source, I should get some immediate conversions. With this momentum, I can then take this and immediately begin to split test variants and tweak an already working campaign.

So, I am looking to have a campaign or two up on G2M in the next couple of days, and I'll let you know what it looks like when I get it up. I will also provide some step-by-step on setting up campaigns there, just so you can see it (not sure if there is already a tutorial here in AF).

Hope you are making progress in your endeavors.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Last edited:
Great stuff, Casey.

Re other people's banners, if you find a winner, emulate it. You're not stealing, you're just not having to re-invent the wheel. Use it like a guide or template but change it to make it uniquely your own. But you'll know what's working for others in terms headlines, colours, types of photos, CTAs, whatever.

As for Mobicow, you can use banners but they offer interstitial ads, which are full-screen for phones and tablets.

banners
Back