The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Earning a living from CPA marketing

Maybe, I'm not sure really. You should check.

If we use Mary Kay samples as an example, you could say something like Famous Brand Name Makeup Samples.

Seriously, if you check you'll know for sure.

Hahah.. Wow I think I should change the way I do keyword research. I don't want any trouble.

@Rvfamily just wanted to let you know that I have just gone through the 13 pages (200+ posts) of your Follow Along and I must say that you are one determined person. Very inspiring. I wish you all the best in your CPA journey.

I just signed up to the forum (a day ago) and it's encouraging to have members like you in here. I don't have that much experience in CPA myself, but it's been something I will definitely try in the near future --- right now I'm really focusing my time on testing Pay-Per-Call campaigns. Once I have it "mastered" and have huge profitable campaigns running, then (and only then) I will get involved with CPA.

Talk soon!

@Rvfamily just wanted to let you know that I have just gone through the 13 pages (200+ posts) of your Follow Along and I must say that you are one determined person. Very inspiring. I wish you all the best in your CPA journey.

I just signed up to the forum (a day ago) and it's encouraging to have members like you in here. I don't have that much experience in CPA myself, but it's been something I will definitely try in the near future --- right now I'm really focusing my time on testing Pay-Per-Call campaigns. Once I have it "mastered" and have huge profitable campaigns running, then (and only then) I will get involved with CPA.

Talk soon!

@edgar,

First let me say "Thank You." I appreciate the positive feedback. Second, welcome to AffiliateFix! This is a good forum with very supportive people (as I am sure you can see from the help and responses I have received from so many kind people).

I guess at this point it's fair to say that the title of the follow along is a little bit of a misnomer, as I am not quite earning a living from CPA, YET! ;)

But I am determined. I apologize for not having more recent information. I have still been conducting campaigns, but have also been trying to set up a web property (an as of yet unfinished blog mentioned under each post), as well as set up my first online sales funnel, and since much like CPA, I've been having to learn all the skills from scratch, it's been time consuming. I'll have some more recent information about new lessons and campaigns later this week.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the AF'er family. As you can probably tell, I am still a novice, but if there is any way I can be of service, please let me know and I'll do my best. Good Luck on your Pay-per-call campaigns (I'd love to hear how you are doing, btw).

As always,
Here's to your success!

@edgar,

First let me say "Thank You." I appreciate the positive feedback. Second, welcome to AffiliateFix! This is a good forum with very supportive people (as I am sure you can see from the help and responses I have received from so many kind people).

I guess at this point it's fair to say that the title of the follow along is a little bit of a misnomer, as I am not quite earning a living from CPA, YET! ;)

But I am determined. I apologize for not having more recent information. I have still been conducting campaigns, but have also been trying to set up a web property (an as of yet unfinished blog mentioned under each post), as well as set up my first online sales funnel, and since much like CPA, I've been having to learn all the skills from scratch, it's been time consuming. I'll have some more recent information about new lessons and campaigns later this week.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the AF'er family. As you can probably tell, I am still a novice, but if there is any way I can be of service, please let me know and I'll do my best. Good Luck on your Pay-per-call campaigns (I'd love to hear how you are doing, btw).

As always,
Here's to your success!

@Rvfamily thanks for the welcome. And thank you for all your inspirational posts... And dedication.., it's only a matter of time before you hit one of your many winner campaigns. No doubt about that.

With regards to my pay-per-call campaigns, I can say that it's been good. It can be better for sure, but I think I need the dedication and focus you seem to have.

Here's the short version of my journey:

I started in early 2014 with pay-per-call using Craigslist to promote a $100 offer. The drawback of this was that I was spending too much time doing manual posting... And so for 6 months, I managed to pull in about $900 (9 conversions) --- not bad for my first try, but if you take into account the time spent posting on craigslist, my hourly rate is horrible.

Anyways, so I figured I had to start using paid traffic if I wanted to scale... that's when I begun learning about Google AdWords and just went ahead and launched the same campaign I was promoting on Craigslist --- again, long story short... after trial and error and spending days testing ads and keywords (no landing pages at this point) I made $500 my first month and slowly increase my revenue in the following months and ended the year averaging about $900/month gross revenue. Excluding my ad spend costs, it averaged out to about $500/month profit.

Then last year (after some optimization) I was able to increase it to about $900/month profit --- and this was just one campaign. But now it has dropped to about $300/month profit.... So you might be asking why I didn't run any other offers, well... that's the part where I guess you can say I got lazy, but then also 2015 was a year I got married, my wife got pregnant, etc... so it was a crazy year nonetheless...

So this year my focus will be pay-per-call --- at least until I get a few profitable campaigns going -- and then maybe I will test some CPA offers.

Anyways, I apologize if I rambled on and on... but if there's anything that I can help you with, by all means please let me know. Looking forward to masterminding with the AF'er family and add as much value to the forum as much as I can.

All the best!!

@Rvfamily thanks for the welcome. And thank you for all your inspirational posts... And dedication.., it's only a matter of time before you hit one of your many winner campaigns. No doubt about that.

With regards to my pay-per-call campaigns, I can say that it's been good. It can be better for sure, but I think I need the dedication and focus you seem to have.

Here's the short version of my journey:

I started in early 2014 with pay-per-call using Craigslist to promote a $100 offer. The drawback of this was that I was spending too much time doing manual posting... And so for 6 months, I managed to pull in about $900 (9 conversions) --- not bad for my first try, but if you take into account the time spent posting on craigslist, my hourly rate is horrible.

Anyways, so I figured I had to start using paid traffic if I wanted to scale... that's when I begun learning about Google AdWords and just went ahead and launched the same campaign I was promoting on Craigslist --- again, long story short... after trial and error and spending days testing ads and keywords (no landing pages at this point) I made $500 my first month and slowly increase my revenue in the following months and ended the year averaging about $900/month gross revenue. Excluding my ad spend costs, it averaged out to about $500/month profit.

Then last year (after some optimization) I was able to increase it to about $900/month profit --- and this was just one campaign. But now it has dropped to about $300/month profit.... So you might be asking why I didn't run any other offers, well... that's the part where I guess you can say I got lazy, but then also 2015 was a year I got married, my wife got pregnant, etc... so it was a crazy year nonetheless...

So this year my focus will be pay-per-call --- at least until I get a few profitable campaigns going -- and then maybe I will test some CPA offers.

Anyways, I apologize if I rambled on and on... but if there's anything that I can help you with, by all means please let me know. Looking forward to masterminding with the AF'er family and add as much value to the forum as much as I can.

All the best!!

@edgar,

Thanks for the intro and the background. Awesome to hear that you have had some early successes! I'd love to Skype sometime to discuss/share experiences and lessons so far, if you're open to the idea. Looking forward to hearing more.

Btw, Congratulations on your getting married and your first child. Such an awesome experience. Kids change everything, as I'm sure you've found out.

As always,
Here's to your success!

@Rvfamily you're welcome. And thanks man... by no means I'm killing it with pay-per-call, but I'm working on it. Hopefully soon I'll start a Follow-along here since there are not that much info about pay-per-call anyways...

And yes, of course we can skype to share/discuss ideas. Here's my skype: edgar.damian.ochoa

And you're right...having a first child is such an awesome experience (even though I still miss my good night sleeps lol) -- it's been great. So most definitely I want to kick butt with my online campaigns to provide a good life for the family. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Stay in touch and all the best with your campaigns. Keep us posted!

Hey @andree, I have a few more paid campaigns to post here. I have had some personal things going on that prevented me from being as active here, or on my minimal blog. I have been continuing to read and take courses in preparation for additional campaigns.

I have two more Bing campaigns to post and will try to get them up here shortly. I am preparing to do some mobile, but have just really struggled with where to start.

I read Finchsells blog, and his post for 2016 and of course he believes mobile will continue to take market share of clicks from desktop. He also thinks Native is going to be the hit of the year (and strongly suggest you get familiar with it). It's just more costly to test, and a little harder to optimize.

I have also been working on some Facebook stuff and will reveal it here when I have some results to demonstrate.

I hope everyone in the AF community is killing it and I look forward to contributing here again soon.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Wanted to give a quick update on some of the tracking options I have been looking at. I have used P202 (free option) for most of my campaigns but have also tested clickmagick.com and have signed up for an account with Trackingdesk.com Both of these look like viable alternatives, and in the 2 campaigns where I used clickmagick, I liked how easy it was to set up. I have also set up an account with clickmeter.com and will report on how things go with these tracking platforms.

If you have any additional insight into these please feel free to share.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Wanted to give a quick update on some of the tracking options I have been looking at. I have used P202 (free option) for most of my campaigns but have also tested clickmagick.com and have signed up for an account with Trackingdesk.com Both of these look like viable alternatives, and in the 2 campaigns where I used clickmagick, I liked how easy it was to set up. I have also set up an account with clickmeter.com and will report on how things go with these tracking platforms.

If you have any additional insight into these please feel free to share.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Hi @Rvfamily,

I want to learn about tracking but I have no idea where to start. How did you learn all about tracking at the beginning?

Hello @Kay Huang,

Thanks for the question. I have been relatively absent for a little while but have still been looking in. I have been continuing to learn, and have a lot to share coming up. I have just not been able to balance my time very well and this has been the area (my follow along) where I have trimmed time. Looking at some MAJOR changes in my life in the coming months and believe I will have more time to catch up this follow along with my current activities. Anyway, so on to your question.

As far as tracking goes, there are many options, it's just deciding which platform works best for you. I have some experience with a few platforms, but a general idea of several others. I have slated a post for my blog that deals with tracking in the next week or so, so please take a look at my blog in the upcoming week or so to see that.

A good place to start is P202. It is a free software (you do need your own hosting to install), and it is how I have conducted most of my own tracking.

Just from a personal experience standpoint, there are a number of videos that deal with setting up tracking, but there are lots of gaps and you will have to work to fill in those gaps (IMHO). Something else I have been thinking about is creating a YT channel that specifically deals with tracking and how to set up tracking tokens for different network and ad platforms. That is still in the idea stage.

For me anyway, one of the biggest challenges has been to figure out tracking tokens across different networks and different advertising platforms. A good place to start is here. This will give you a breakdown of the different tokens used on each ad platform in a single place.

Basically, there are three moving parts:
  1. the network- each network has both different opportunities and different tokens available. You need to know what tokens are available for the CPA network and how they enter them into the ad platform.
  2. the ad platform- each ad platform has a slightly different setup when it comes to how you enter the data for the tracking token.
  3. the tracking software- each one will have slightly different parameters available for networks and ad platforms. Some will have information pre-installed for each ad platform, others will not. You just need to familiarize yourself with each one and do some testing to see which one works for you.
If you want to be successful, you have to track. Otherwise, you are just throwing money at offers and although you might get lucky, it is generally not a strategy for success.

Just understand a few basic ideas to get started.

*A tracker is a tool/device that you send your traffic through on the way to the offer.
*It sends a signal back to your CPA network and to you when a certain action has taken place (click/conversion).
*It provides available data about certain key statistical parameters that enable you to optimize your campaign.
*Since almost every campaign starts in the red, a tracker is absolutely necessary for the optimization process.
*Optimization is the key to positive ROI and sustainability in CPA marketing.

I hope this answer provides the help you were looking for. If I can answer any question, please do not hesitate to ask. I will do whatever I can to help.

As always,
Here's to you success!

Please, please, please!

Have missed your smiling face, Casey. Hope all is well.

@azgold

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have missed the camaraderie of the group. I will be looking at that in a couple of weeks. When I was first trying to set up tracking with P202 and MaxBounty, I had a devil of a time finding videos that showed step by step processes.

I had to piece together ideas from several and even then on my first campaign, I didn't have it right, so I think there is an opportunity there.

It has been a challenging six months for me, but I keep going and little by little progress is made. Anyway, nice to hear from you.

BTW, For the first time in a long time, I put out a piece of fresh content on my blog and would love feedback for anyone following along. It's called The 4 Reasons You'll Fail at CPA; or any other form of IM.

As always,
Here's to your success!

[Q.TE="az. ld, post: 142583, member: 9139"]Left you a comment, Casey.

It was a pretty good and helpful post, with lots of relevant kws. :)[/QUOTE]

@azgold,

Thank you for checking it out. I appreciate it.

Hey guys, I finished the most recent article over at nomadicincomeexperiment.com on how to use the four ancient Greek elements of persuasion in your marketing messages/efforts. Hope you'll check it out.

I read recently about the process Finch (of the Finchsells.com blog fame), goes through every time he starts a new campaign and it involves creating a new customer avatar for each one. I have a free customer avatar worksheet I created for anyone to pick up for free at the end of the post.

As always,
Here's to your success!

MI
Back