The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Eager newbie

Nia

affiliate
Hi everyone, just stopping by to share a bit about myself. I've been wanting to start an online business for quite some time, but just didn't know where to start. I currently work a PT retail job that is quite boring.

I think I've found my home in Affiliate marketing and I look forward to the journey. I have little to no knowledge of how online businesses work or how affiliate marketing works so this is a completely new venture for me. I look forward to the challenge and am absolutely thrilled to get started.

I've been bombarded and overwhelmed by all the information and blogs I've come across on the Internet, but I think Affiliate fix will be a great resource for me. I'm excited to connect with all of you and kick some ass.

Hi everyone, just stopping by to share a bit about myself.

Hello @Nia , welcome to the AffiliateFix! Great to have you join us.

I've been wanting to start an online business for quite some time, but just didn't know where to start. I currently work a PT retail job that is quite boring.

I think I've found my home in Affiliate marketing and I look forward to the journey. I have little to no knowledge of how online businesses work or how affiliate marketing works so this is a completely new venture for me. I look forward to the challenge and am absolutely thrilled to get started.

I've been bombarded and overwhelmed by all the information and blogs I've come across on the Internet, but I think Affiliate fix will be a great resource for me. I'm excited to connect with all of you and kick some ass.

You have found a home indeed. You will find this is largely a warm and inviting community full of giving members.

We all understand the feelings associated with what most call information overload. So, here is a little advice to help you see it a little differently. When you walk into a library, do you feel over whelmed, or do you feel there is an abundance of organized information at your fingertips?

Newbies need to read. This isn't 2001 when one could throw the virtual stick in any direction and hit the jackpot. Nowadays, one must be a business person, establish a budget, a schedule, and a plan. Do this, and you will be okay. You will find your path.

All of those things will happen for you as long as you study, learn, invest, and implement.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

T J

We have a new contest we are starting we want to tell you about. As you browse the forum to learn, we have a Resources forum. Each month we will pick 5 new random reviews on the different companies listed in there and give them a free AffiliateFix t-shirt. The reviews will be written by our posters. So we encourage you to take part for a chance to win.

And welcome!

Thank you @tjtutor!! The information you've provided is greatly appreciated.

I've definitely been reading and trying to digest as much information as possible without driving myself insane.

It's a good thing I LOVE reading! I am currently working on putting a game plan together for my first few campaigns and looking to get to work as soon as possible provided that my budget allows it. I am fully committed to becoming successful in this industry.

In the meantime I will continue to read and study the different areas of this forum. Perhaps when I start achieving success in my journey I'll build up the courage post a follow along thread, but for now my focus is on developing a solid understanding of how this all works.

Thanks again for your insight. I look forward to the process every step of the way. I'm already having trouble going to sleep because of the sheer excitement I feel about learning these skills and the opportunity to build a business. Cheers!

We have a new contest we are starting we want to tell you about. As you browse the forum to learn, we have a Resources forum. Each month we will pick 5 new random reviews on the different companies listed in there and give them a free AffiliateFix t-shirt. The reviews will be written by our posters. So we encourage you to take part for a chance to win.

And welcome!

Thank you @AF-Roger! I will definitely look into it! I'm very grateful to have this forum as a resource.. So much incredible info!

Thank you @tjtutor!! The information you've provided is greatly appreciated.

I've definitely been reading and trying to digest as much information as possible without driving myself insane.

It's a good thing I LOVE reading! I am currently working on putting a game plan together for my first few campaigns and looking to get to work as soon as possible provided that my budget allows it. I am fully committed to becoming successful in this industry.

In the meantime I will continue to read and study the different areas of this forum. Perhaps when I start achieving success in my journey I'll build up the courage post a follow along thread, but for now my focus is on developing a solid understanding of how this all works.

Thanks again for your insight. I look forward to the process every step of the way. I'm already having trouble going to sleep because of the sheer excitement I feel about learning these skills and the opportunity to build a business. Cheers!

Remember this @Nia , keep a clipboard or notebook to log your questions. Then use the search function first to seek answers. If you don't find the answers you seek, then start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum and the members will jump in and get you their thoughts, advice, and recommendations.

Ask loads of questions, post often, report your progress, as this activity demonstrates how serious you are and attracts the members support for you.

We look forward to your progress!

Welcome Nia, this is the forum that will not give up on you. May you never become so frustrated that you miss an opportunity. I can relate to your feelings about understanding it all but it is the action part that will make you successful, not the reading.

You do not have to be great to get started but you have to start to be great.

Welcome Nia, this is the forum that will not give up on you. May you never become so frustrated that you miss an opportunity. I can relate to your feelings about understanding it all but it is the action part that will make you successful, not the reading.

You do not have to be great to get started but you have to start to be great.

Thank you @Ctone51!

banners
Back