The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Duplicate Content Help!

dmajor

affiliate
New to this so hope I have come to the right place!

I have a website with duplicate product descriptions across 9
different pages, as the product is the same and only the size changes
for each page how will Google treat this? I have an example below.

mydomain/Shop/Product/(39)Shipping-Box-(20-x-20-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(40)Shipping-Box-(24-x-24-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(41)Shipping-Box-(30-x-24-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(42)Shipping-Box-(30-x-30-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(43)Shipping-Box-(40-x-30-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(44)Shipping-Box-(36-x-36-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(45)Shipping-Box-(40-x-40-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(46)Shipping-Box-(48-x-36-inch...
mydomain/Shop/Product/(47)Shipping-Box-(48-x-48-inch...

So the main description text for each page is the same copy the only
thing that changes is the size of the product and price. How will
Google deal with this?

will
Google deal with this?

Hi!
Concerning all duplicates' problems i use the best (in my opinion of course) called Clone Remover. Recommend very much. The guys are here - moleskinsoft.com/

I would advise you to avoid duplicate content! You can be severely punished by Google! It is better not to joke with things like these ones!

I advice you to remove it the pages that have duplicate content...

i think Google will BAN that and also if the site do have some PR...

You are not getting any SEO benefit from these pages, so can you not condense them all on to one page? Or you could choose the most polpular size to remain live in google index, then add the other pages to your robots file to block google spidering these pages.

Irnonically google has things in place for 100% duplicate content issues created by datbase driven shopping sites. But in fact, these pages are only 99% duplicate, so there is a good chance that google will not want to index or devalue these pages.
This could devalue your site, with lost PR.

Of course the last solution, is to cerate unique content for each page, explaining maybe what each diifferent size is for.

My opinion only

you are not going to get banned, but google will ignore a lot of the pages. I assume that there is a drop down menu for the different price sizes hence the extra pages? I would just have one page with a drop down selection f, far more user friendly.

Would not it make more sense to consolidate these on to a single page? You can then using whatever shopping cart solution you are using, have the customer select sizing before adding to cart.

Unlike some other said, I do not think you will be banned but still may have some undesired consequences. Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools and look at the stats for your site.

Hello every one,

i also need help, is there a tool to check if the site is unique content because I'm doing 3 way link exchange. or something tips that would share to me on how to check the site..

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make sense to have a drop down option to select the sizes and only have one page if you can't do this then use a robots.txt file to tell the seatch engines not to inxex certain pages (one for each size is enough).

banners
Back