The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Double opt-in or not?

crysper

So how do you guys capture emails?

1. Do you use double opt-in? If yes, in what cases and why?

2. If you don't use double opt-in, do you redirect to a thank you page or not? What content do you have on the thank you pages?

I use double opt in just about all cases.

The only single opt in I have is with my Screw95 course. After people purchase the course I recommend that they sign up for updates and since it's on a protected page and only paid members can access it it can't really be abused or anything and people are much more likely to give their real email.

People that register are usually already on my list anyway it's just there to segment them to a separate list so that I can send them members only updates + my regular stuff.

I really wish Aweber would just allow you to place a pixel on your site or something so that it happens automatically but oh well I don't think people mind too much (and besides I give them option anyway).

Last edited:
Single Opt In. As long as you are driving quality traffic to the site, I don't see why you would need Double Opt In.

We get very few invalid email addresses entered on the site.

If you are incentivising the user in some way, double opt in might be for you.

i also do both.

i use Aweber, so i know they like double opt in but if i use something like Facebook's API to gather the prospects email address they have already gone through one round of hard thinking about whether they want to opt in or not, so i don't want to make them jump through that hoop again. so i use single opt in.

but if i am building a list for marketers from a regular squeeze page i do double (if they have trouble getting themselves onto my list there's not much chance i could get them to do anything else since they are a jaded lot in general).

for non IM people i use single opt in because otherwise 40 percent of them will never make it onto the list.

Double - the quality of the email delivery seems to correspond with whether the email provider allows single optin - unless you pay for one of the expensive email services

So how do you guys capture emails?

1. Do you use double opt-in? If yes, in what cases and why?

2. If you don't use double opt-in, do you redirect to a thank you page or not? What content do you have on the thank you pages?

Hey Crysper,

Actually it all pretty much depends. I have found that if you use double opt-in

then the quality of your list turns out to be much higher, due to the fact that the user

must aknowledge A second time that they want to receive information from you.

But to answer your question....I myself am NOT using double opt-in.

Since i don't use double opt-in, I tend to direct all my traffic to A quality CPA offer relating to my

niche of choice, that way I can at least recoup some of my advertising cost, or sometimes maybe even profit

in some cases.

The reason why I don't do double opt-in for now is because...I have also found that many

people sometimes forget to confirm the second time, resulting in them NEVER seeing your emails

so in which case...they are just wasting space on your list and may never confirm.

But double opt in is something I want to look into in the future and test out.

MI
Back