The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Don't know how to start to choose a nich

hannibal lecter

affiliate
Hi guys !!
I'm actually having a big problem and it's that i don't know how to choose a good nich for my affiliate site.
I will be more then glad if someone help me a little bit , only give me the push to start
Thnx

I always go into the big niches personally, fitness, dating, make money

once you get the ball rolling and start seeing results, you would want to scale and in these niches you can scale to a massive volume

One thing that helps is to find something you're passionate about. What's the one thing you can DO all day? What's that one thing you can TALK ABOUT all day?

For example, I'm passionate about a number of things.

- I can play chess all day
- I can play pool all day
- I love fishing
- I can talk about hip hop music all day (I'm a sample junkie too).

These are all great topics for a niche website. I can:

- promote chess boards
- help people get better at pool
- promote fishing gear
- start a niche hip hop music blog

What is YOUR passion? What are you good at? What can you TALK about all day? What would you rather be doing right now?

What is your passion AND how much competition is there. I know it's possible to dominate in any niche with a lot of hard work. You have to add fresh, unique content, so make it something that you like to talk/write about. Do your keyword research to find keywords that have low competition and a medium or high search volume. They are out there, you need to find them!

I would just start with money making first. As thats what you would have been researching for that last month or so. Unless you are jumping in blind. Just start with an artical on squidoo and inbed links into it, that lead to your affiliate landing pages. Then promote your artical with free social networking sites and free classified sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most popular advice is to "do what you love", or go with a niche you are passionate about. This most likely includes a hobby or lifestyle choice.

This is a great idea because you are already knowledgeable and experienced on the topic. You're also less likely to get bored with it than niches where you don't have a personal interest.

The second suggestion is to choose a niche where you have professional experience or expertise. Another great approach, except that most people are already burned out on their chosen profession, or still doing it as a day job, and can't get excited about spending their nights and weekends at it as well...

The third way to select a niche, and one that I recommend a lot, is to choose something you'd like to start doing. A new hobby or lifestyle, or something you'd like to collect or get into.

Since you are just getting started at it yourself, you actually are your target market. This puts you in an ideal position, and gives you insight and empathy with your market - you can easily connect with them on their level.

You're in research phase, finding resources and discovering what works and what doesn't - or the best way to do this or that. Sharing all of that information becomes your "content". And it's very easy to generate since you're already actively collecting information on the topic.

Of those top 3 ways to choose a niche, the last one would be my favorite. I have often started a new online business based on new personal interests. I find that it makes work fun, and that fresh enthusiasm for a topic will take you a long way.

I agree that you just have to start. You can plan, research, etc. but at some point you just have to make up your mind and go with it.

It seems to me that starting out in evergreen niches is always good advice. Something that isn't going to pass away. The big three are

1. Health care (think diet, exercise, fat loss, etc.)

2. Financial (think forex, debt elimination, credit management and budgeting, etc) and

3. Making money (IM, MMO, MMFH, etc)

I'd pick a sub-niche within one of these three, do a little keyword research, find 2 or 3 good products/programs to promote, get a squeeze page, autoresponder, blog and start driving traffic.

That's the formula. It involves trial and error and a learning curve at each stage - period. So don't over-complicate picking a niche. Just do it. There are some good suggestions in other posts in this thread. I'd say find one you like, set a deadline for each step, and just do it.

One thing that helps is to find something you're passionate about. What's the one thing you can DO all day? What's that one thing you can TALK ABOUT all day?

For example, I'm passionate about a number of things.

- I can play chess all day
- I can play pool all day
- I love fishing
- I can talk about hip hop music all day (I'm a sample junkie too).

These are all great topics for a niche website. I can:

- promote chess boards
- help people get better at pool
- promote fishing gear
- start a niche hip hop music blog

What is YOUR passion? What are you good at? What can you TALK about all day? What would you rather be doing right now?

Could not have said it better myself. You will be spending a lot of time with whatever you do so try to enjoy it.

I would just start with money making first. As thats what you would have been researching for that last month or so. Unless you are jumping in blind. Just start with an artical on squidoo and inbed links into it, that lead to your affiliate landing pages. Then promote your artical with free social networking sites and free classified sites.

Best be careful with this. Squidoo is cracking down on lenses.
If you plan to use Sqidoo you will need to build a content rich lens on an allowed topic - no doorway affiliate link lens.

banners
Back