The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Domain homepage

Elegy

affiliate
Hi guys,

I have a domain on which I host my landers. So ads and whatnot link to a lander (www .domainname.com/lander1 or www .domainname.com/niche/lander1).

But what would my homepage ideally look like?

Right now, because I use Wordpress, it's just the default Wordpress homepage which is a list of posts and filters. Pretty boring.

I ask this because while signing up to affiliate networks I had to enter my website a few times. What would they think seeing such a lame homepage? T_T

Thanks !

Hi guys,

I have a domain on which I host my landers. So ads and whatnot link to a lander (www .domainname.com/lander1 or www .domainname.com/niche/lander1).

But what would my homepage ideally look like?

Right now, because I use Wordpress, it's just the default Wordpress homepage which is a list of posts and filters. Pretty boring.

I ask this because while signing up to affiliate networks I had to enter my website a few times. What would they think seeing such a lame homepage? T_T

Thanks !

Okay, first let's talk about what you want. What you have described is two different options and they don't really go well together.

First, WP can be used for landers, but I don't recommend that ever for a pre-selling landing page for CPA (et al) offers. The majority of landers for pre-selling offers are best as HTML5. The reason for this is that WP, which is an awesome platform, is better for blogs, content marketers, and a host of other types of sites. It isn't an awesome platform for the traditional lander because it is full of unnecessary code that may play a roll in how fast your landers load. You want landers to be as light weight as possible. HTML5 brings that to the table for you.

Both are great, I use them both, but for a landing pages, HTML5 and sometimes a little PHP gets the job done best.

Also, remember to create three to five versions of your ads, your landers, etc., for split testing and have your tracker rotate the landers.

Thanks @T J Tutor

I am aware of the unnecessary code that WP brings along. I use InstaBuilder for my landers for now.
I am actually a frontend developer so building my own landers would be no problem. It's just that I rather spend my time (now) into learning how to send traffic to my offers and rotate the landers with my tracking tool (FunnelFlux).

Anyways, Wordpress or not, what would my homepage look like? And I don't mean the landers I use for the offers, but just simply the homepage of my domain? Should I put information about myself on there? Should it be about my company? Perhaps just an empty page with my contact info? What do affiliate managers look for on a website when reviewing my application ?

Thanks @T J TutorAnyways, Wordpress or not, what would my homepage look like? And I don't mean the landers I use for the offers, but just simply the homepage of my domain? Should I put information about myself on there? Should it be about my company? Perhaps just an empty page with my contact info? What do affiliate managers look for on a website when reviewing my application ?

If you are not usiing the home page for anything, then I recommend simply putting your brand, your logo, and a brief description of your business. Also, remember to place disclosure pages on the site. TOS, Privacy Policy, About, Contact Page, and Earnings Disclosure (take a look at how Tim Ferris deals with this, it's what i do now as well).

As for what Aff Managers do with your web site, the answer is pretty much nothing. It's just another means of verifying you. That's why it's a good idea to use it as a branding experience. They may also want to see if you are displaying the correct disclosure pages, and that is important.

Well if you are running more "aggressive" type offers. I suggest having no home page at all to be honest.

If you are trying to build out a brand, then as @T J Tutor mentioned, just have a basic home page. Don't overthink it as like you said, the main thing you want to learn is the traffic and the tools... So focus on that!

MI
Back