The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does the problem of affiliate link hijacking still happen in HerbalBiz websites?

Samchang

affiliate
First of all, I'm a bit surprised when I saw Market Health on the list of 5 star program because I've seen people complaining about their affiliate links on their HerbalBiz website being hijacked. Is this problem solved?

Here is a review from the blog "Work From Home Reviews"

However, several complaints have emerged about affiliate ID hijacking. Many affiliates complained their affiliate ID was replaced with a common ID -- #680256. Market Health's FAQ section addresses this issue, indicating an affiliate cookie is placed on your computer upon visiting a Market Health or Joe Bucks web site. #680256 is the default affiliate ID (or Market Health's own ID). This is certainly a simple enough solution if your problem is as simple as seeing the wrong ID on your own browser. Many affiliates complained their ID was not persisting for customer sessions as well, though, and the default ID was replacing it. Complaints indicated this occurred most frequently on the most popular products.

I can't post the link of the article due to newbie restriction of the forum.

And also this thread in another forum "Digital Point" titled "Market Health Scam Or Not?"

I've seen a long thread on a blog with people discovering that some links of the most popular products had been replaced by a specific affiliate ID#680256, but I can't find it now.

I've seen a long thread on a blog with people discovering that some links of the most popular products had been replaced by a specific affiliate ID#680256, but I can't find it now.

I found the one I think you are referring to and it's from 2 years ago.

I did hear of a problem like that around 2 years ago and Gary explained it to me like this.

Read MarketHealth.com is a Scam?

"If the referral ID on your website does not match your affiliate account, you need to clear your cookies and cach on some browsers such as Firefox. You currently have a cookie on your computer from another affiliate and this is why you are not seeing your referral ID. If you see 680256, this is an ID that was placed when you visited one of our sites with no affiliate ID.

***If you are using FIREFOX or any other browser other than IE, you may also need to clear your cach (Temporary Internet Files) in addition to your cookies. Once completed, please revisit the site or link with your affiliate ID and you will see that your cookie has now been placed on your computer."

Most of the complaints were from back when they were JoeBucks and also most were from the turnkey herbal biz site, not their regular affiliate links it seems, and I don't really see any recent complaints and I have not heard any complaints and have TONS of MH affiliates, so I'm pretty sure if there was a problem it was resolved.

That DP thread is fairly recent, but only has one complaint that looks like it could be valid, some questions about whether they are good and several people saying they do fine with MH.

I read DP all the time and that forum is notorious for "XYZ network is a scam' threads and misinformation. Lots of high integrity networks there like Max Bounty and Advaliant that have TONS of posts talking about how great they are and how much affiliates like them. Yet there are still threads like Max Bounty is a Scam and Advaliant is a Scam. Half the time it's from an affiliate that sounds like he was scammed but in reality he was doing unethical marketing that was against the TOS.

Not trying to defend them and I do hear your concern! I'm just saying that as far as I know MarketHealth is honest and takes care of affiliates. If I thought otherwise, I would be on it.

I'll alert Gary to this thread and see if he can reassure you or shed any light on the subject. FYI I'm sure he's getting ready to head to Adtech and so may not be able to reply until after the show and after he plays catch up from being out of the office.

Linda that is an excellent reply. many affiliates jump to conclusions very fast without first trying to work with the network to understand the reason or tech mistake that caused the issue. thats how we get these "love them" "hate them" . At MediaTrust ( the old Advaliant ) we get so surprised by this and would wish people reached out first. We always find a reason as we pride ourselves on taking care of our advertising and publisher partners. we have never nor will ever do anything to hurt our brand, reputation and ultimately our industry with unethical behavior.

Your answer shows how taking a little time can go along way in building a long term partnership with your network.

Hi Sam,

Here is the response I got from Gary:

Since 1998, Market Health has been dedicated to providing the most honest, highest paying, most advanced health and beauty affiliate program on the net. Payments are automated on the 1st and 16th of every month and we have never missed a payment in the history of our company.

We would like to address some of the blog posts regarding the Market Health cookie system.

Chances are, you found us through one of our affiliates. When you clicked on the affiliates link, Market Health placed a cookie on your computer so the affiliate that referred you would get credit for the sale or sign up. When you signed up as an affiliate and started marketing your own links, chances are, this cookie is still on your computer and their code is showing up on your website instead of yours.

If the referral ID on your website does not match your affiliate account, you need to clear your cookies and cach on some browsers such as Firefox. You currently have a cookie on your computer from another affiliate and this is why you are not seeing your referral ID. If you see 680256, this is an ID that was placed when you visited one of our sites with no affiliate ID.

***If you are using FIREFOX or any other browser other than IE, you may also need to clear your cach (Temporary Internet Files) in addition to your cookies. Once completed, please revisit the site or link with your affiliate ID and you will see that your cookie has been placed on your computer.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly.

Best regards,
Market Health Inc.
350 North Glenoaks Blvd, Ste. 305
Burbank, CA 91502 USA

1-800-756-3499 Office Ext 305
1-800-756-3850 Fax
1-818-303-2600 Int'l Office
1-818-303-2606 Int'l Fax

info @ markethealth.com

Our office hours are between 10AM to 6PM PST, Monday thru Friday.

banners
Back