The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does SelfAdvertiser have any real traffic at all?

lafftar

Hi guys, just tried this network because of a recommendation from a user here. I'm promoting a call offer in the finance space. I spent about $60 on 40k pops and domain redirects, some keyword targeted, some RON. I got over 1000 clicks on my CTA button which launches the call automatically, and I got $0 calls.

Quick Stats.
40,000 Views for $60
1,000 Clicks on CTA button
0 Calls.

I also have hotjar on the site, of the 40k views, only 60 recordings had a click or a scroll. This obviously doesn't add up, does anyone have experience with them?

This is the mobile test btw:
c8fc1d8dbe126f5150695460db8bd896.png

All today:
ded3f173c7be51b0ea8714f81b2f8bc4.png

I took this over to STM and asked a few questions, was advised to start blacklisting sources. I did that and focused on specific sources that registered on Hotjar. This is what I posted after:

"Alright, so I did some blacklisting on some sources, and make a separate campaign for specific sources that were getting registered on Hot Jar and showing some activity. The results were not good, at all.

How is this not a bot?
Visitor Recording

I think now I understand how the CTR can be 30%, bots like this inflating my stats like crazy
And this?
Visitor Recording

I mean, these bots have Residential IP's, direct to CTA clicks, multiple CTA clicks, Click on all CTA's, Even time spent on time is through the roof! Everything you would normally want from a winning campaign. FFS.

It's just ridiculous, and it goes on like this for awhile, across all devices. If all the "Well performing placements" are really just advanced as heck bots, then how am I supposed to know what to optimize and what not to? This is crazy."

Where is Servando? He's promoting this network, if he could help shed a light on the situation over there, that would be well appreciated.

I took this over to STM and asked a few questions, was advised to start blacklisting sources. I did that and focused on specific sources that registered on Hotjar. This is what I posted after:

"Alright, so I did some blacklisting on some sources, and make a separate campaign for specific sources that were getting registered on Hot Jar and showing some activity. The results were not good, at all.

How is this not a bot?
Visitor Recording

I think now I understand how the CTR can be 30%, bots like this inflating my stats like crazy
And this?
Visitor Recording

I mean, these bots have Residential IP's, direct to CTA clicks, multiple CTA clicks, Click on all CTA's, Even time spent on time is through the roof! Everything you would normally want from a winning campaign. FFS.

It's just ridiculous, and it goes on like this for awhile, across all devices. If all the "Well performing placements" are really just advanced as heck bots, then how am I supposed to know what to optimize and what not to? This is crazy."

Where is Servando? He's promoting this network, if he could help shed a light on the situation over there, that would be well appreciated.

I tried selfadvertiser for mobile pin submits a while ago.
Did decent. Around break even (on $1k deposit), if I would've deposited more maybe I would've turned a small profit. But the traffic was just too low for me.

I'm sorry. I literally just read this post. If you had tagged me 2 years ago I'd have answered back then.

With most pop traffic sources initially you need to weed out many sites with bot traffic. Ideally in my tests I try to reduce bot traffic from 30-40% to just 10% or less. this happens after a few days and with a proper tracking setup.

You should try other types of traffic if you had problems with bots. For example, with the new push ads I've seen around 1% of bot traffic in most networks.

Also for redirect/domain traffic the bot percentage is pretty low (10% or less initially).

Last edited:
SelfAdvertiser used to be pretty good, albeit pricey, but then at some point they started adding very high volume trash quality rogue sources that would drain your budget in no time at all. I'd pause them, and then the next morning wake up to 2 new rogue sources. Rinse and repeat over and over again, to the point where i just stopped bothering with them and took my money elsewhere.

MI
Back