The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Solar Panels Traffic

You would probably do best by creating a thread in the Business Centre and specifying what you're looking for. That's where our Resource vendors check first. You may have someone come to you, save you some search time.

Bidavertiser has that keywords or domains targeting. Never tried it for solar.

I just checked keyword volume on ZP, some traffic for "solar" but it's not related to energy.

Haven't looked at Bidvertiser for a long time but I'll bet it's worth checking out.

Telsa just reneged on backlogged solar panel system installation contracted prices. Solar installation is a fast growing business today.
The new problem is something called "net metering." Utilities a required by their state regulators to buy back the surplus electric generated by private solar installations. Where this fits in is how the systems are sold in the US market.

Solar panel installations are sold on the basis of;
  1. Panel generation of electricity used for that home (install) resulting in lowered electric utility bills.
  2. The sale of surplus power generated sold back to the utility.
  3. Federal and state ITC (investment tax credits) paid in full in the year of the installation.

Bottom line the buyback price is trending down from retail to a very wholesale 25% because this is now a surplus during the day
Screen-Shot-2014-10-27-at-9.53.27-AM.png

Solar Energy's Duck Curve - IER

Fortunately, the cost of solar panels is going down fast and battery storage of home installations will be advancing.

My point is: The marketing will have to change from being subsidy reliant to cost efficient pretty soon. Right now with these subsidies the ROI pay-back is 5-7 years. Without net metering, at today's installation costs, that pay back will be more like 20 years --the expected useful service life of the panels and their installation.

Hi @Roy Allied,

We have a nice volume of traffic available for several keywords related to solar including solar panels, solar power and solar energy among others at very competitive and cost effective rates. These would all be very targeted and relevant visitors for your offer.

Trellian has been a leading provider of high quality domain redirect traffic for nearly 15 years and sell traffic via keyword and RON campaigns on a PPV (pay-per-visit) basis using our auction-based platform. All traffic comes directly from domain owners on our domain investor platform.

I would be happy to answer any further questions if you have any! Check us out at www.trellian.com

Telsa just reneged on backlogged solar panel system installation contracted prices. Solar installation is a fast growing business today.
The new problem is something called "net metering." Utilities a required by their state regulators to buy back the surplus electric generated by private solar installations. Where this fits in is how the systems are sold in the US market.

Solar panel installations are sold on the basis of;
  1. Panel generation of electricity used for that home (install) resulting in lowered electric utility bills.
  2. The sale of surplus power generated sold back to the utility.
  3. Federal and state ITC (investment tax credits) paid in full in the year of the installation.

Bottom line the buyback price is trending down from retail to a very wholesale 25% because this is now a surplus during the day
Screen-Shot-2014-10-27-at-9.53.27-AM.png

Solar Energy's Duck Curve - IER

Fortunately, the cost of solar panels is going down fast and battery storage of home installations will be advancing.

My point is: The marketing will have to change from being subsidy reliant to cost efficient pretty soon. Right now with these subsidies the ROI pay-back is 5-7 years. Without net metering, at today's installation costs, that pay back will be more like 20 years --the expected useful service life of the panels and their installation.

Didn't Tesla resume installing solar panels this year?

Last edited:
It's a good thing there's a branch with solar panels. Just what I need. I live in the state of Arkansas. This state, I'm told has considerable solar energy potential. Although there are actually four seasons here. From fairly temperate to incredibly extreme. And I'm thinking of installing solar panels on my house. But I don't know if it would be profitable and economical. I don't really know much about the traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some changes happening in solar the past few weeks
  1. Utilities are reducing the netmetering buy-back prices
    *This is the purchase price of your surplus electric generarion
  2. The US stocks of some major players in the solar installation businesses dropped like a rock yesterday
    *The reason given was that the long-term financing rates for solar installs would be increasing
Solar has been sold (IMHO oversold) on the basis of the ITC (investment tax credits) allowed and the 30 year netmetering buy-back prices being stable. The other side of the coin is: The cost of the solar panels is falling and their efficiency of power generating ability is increasing. It's reasonably possible that the positive changes may offset the negative changes.

Not to be a Debbie Downer --but the level of consumer resistance may be increasing and the leads may become more difficult to generate for the above stated reasons.

I think so ask F. elon Musk :D

What I see is another solar fail.
Solar power is a good and needed thing, but IMHO; solar power should be community or utility company generated and with the grid used to distribute it.
The exception being those people interested in energy independence with off-grid free standing installations with back up storage.

Bottom line right now there is a federal tax credit but is has to to be deducted off of any income tax due --I think the tax credit can be rolled over or the tax credit carried forward (is my understanding --ask a tax accountant). In some states the state may also offer a tax credit.

Google made this tool to predict the viability of a solar install.
I would have to do a ground install because of the shade I get from all the trees near the house --they are 60ft tall mature trees.

I think utility buy backs of solar electric are not a reliable cost of installation mitigation. That revenue stream is a short term agreement not to be relied on IMHO --we have seen empirical evidence of this as of late.

MI
Back