The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Does Google PR is actually based on number of Backlinks?

sammrat

affiliate
I have tested many websites in the past few days, Google's Page Rank is not based on nummber of backlinks to the sites.
I often see many SEO Experts say that Good PR can be obtained basis on backinks, i ask them HOW?
1)
I tested a website which is 7 years old and the site does not contain any meta tags, any content on the webpage (found only images without any ALT tags), number of backlinks are 10. But the site still holds Page Rank 3. Can a genuine SEO Expert answer this to me?
2)
I tested one more webiste, which is 1.3 years old and the site contains above average meta tags, but the number of backlinks to the site are 9 crores and 72 lacs types but the site still holds Page Rank 4. How is this possible? As per many articles written by various experts, if you hold above 1 crore backlinks to your site, then the PR would be above PR9 types.
Please I request only genuine SEO Experts answers this and rest excuse...

It does not calculate only backlinks to your site but takes the amount of backlinks to the sites that are linking to you and then backlinks to those sites, etc.

1)
I tested a website which is 7 years old and the site does not contain any meta tags, any content on the webpage (found only images without any ALT tags), number of backlinks are 10. But the site still holds Page Rank 3. Can a genuine SEO Expert answer this to me?

How do you know how many backlinks it has? The reason I ask is because link:sitename will only show a fraction of the overall backlinks. Unless you are the webmaster I don't see how you can know how many there are in total.

2)
I tested one more webiste, which is 1.3 years old and the site contains above average meta tags, but the number of backlinks to the site are 9 crores and 72 lacs types but the site still holds Page Rank 4. Please I request only genuine SEO Experts answers this and rest excuse...

Same question.

And by the way, it's not only the number of backlinks but also the quality of the pages the backlinks appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tested many websites in the past few days, Google's Page Rank is not based on nummber of backlinks to the sites.
I often see many SEO Experts say that Good PR can be obtained basis on backinks, i ask them HOW?
1)
2)
I tested one more webiste, which is 1.3 years old and the site contains above average meta tags, but the number of backlinks to the site are 9 crores and 72 lacs types but the site still holds Page Rank 4. How is this possible? As per many articles written by various experts, if you hold above 1 crore backlinks to your site, then the PR would be above PR9 types.
Please I request only genuine SEO Experts answers this and rest excuse...

If this is true, then i would really like to know the web address of both the sites, let us see the truth.

PR doesn't only depends on backlink but also on the PR of the site in which the backlink appears.

Google follow a fixed algorithm while indexing PR and you may check that out in wikipedia.

Its not just depends on BL but now they consider so many other factors as well IMO but its hard to understand their algo :sweat:

DON.

Google is still depending on backlinks. 1 Quality link is better than billions of low quality links, so if you have some quality links related to your site content than google will give you pr.

Even i don't think that PR depends only on backlinks, when i got PR 2 my site was having only 2 backlinks. May be google give importance to the content as well to determine the PR. Not only mine but i have also seen many sites that don't have backlinks and are holding PR2-3.

Google follow their own algorithm to rank a webpage which is very hard to understand. However it depends on several factor. Backlinks from relevant pages is a very important factor.

This is probably under the same phenomenon of Squidoo pages of the past ranking extremely highly with PR and now Twitter. Sometimes the age of a domain can give a website higher PR than normal. On average though, the specific pages PR is based off how many websites and the quality of them link to it, and this includes interlinking of your own webpages.

Agree with the domain age point. But whatever i have heard, is it true? That google now don't give any importance to backlinks. If this is true then what are the other ways to gain high PR?

banners
Back