The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Does anyone use ShareASale?

tallfreak

I'm using ShareASale as my affiliate marketing program right now and earning some extra income, however, the 'sub tracking' always shows up blank for all of my sales. So I don't know where people are accessing my links. I'm very interested in learning the analytics of my marketing but the reports are not giving me much information. It also does not tell me what products are being sold. I emailed the program and they stated that sub tracking may not be working due to privacy settings on a customer's phone. They also said they do not share what products are being sold. That doesn't really make sense because with Amazon I am able to tell where they accessed my link and what the product was for every commission.

&afftrack=$cid

$cid is the code [substitute your own]
I haven't used Share-a-Sale in some time --other issues --too many lost clicks --I count mine then redirect them.

If you are using &afftrack= and apple iPhone is truncating (cutting off) the tracking there is nothing you can do because the idiots are using 'track' d'Oh as a parameter key in the query --WTF. Same goes for ad, bnr with regard to ad blockers --similar issue.

-->link in media -->your server redirect -->Share-a-Sale
You could capture a link id of yours that can be correlated with the ad media (and time GEO) but you will not be able to track on the remote server (read:share-a-sale).

Is this only iPhone or other devices too?

Thanks Graybeard. Yes, I'm referring to the afftrack code. I'm using them but Shareasale is not able to track them in their reports. You may be on to something about them using the word 'track' in their links. Mobile devices may be cutting that part off for security reasons. 99% of my commissions come from purchases made on mobile devices. Should be both iPhone and Android.

If they just used j=[yourcode] or
?utm_campaign=blogpost &utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

They would not be blocked utm is like the holy grail but then GA is on the shit-list for the EU now. So, IDK.

Because they are still using 3rd party cookies (or appear to be) I won't use them anymore.

MI
Back